Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I have been playing Vintage Story for probably about 2 years now.  Something I have noticed with my playstyle is I never really get past the copper stage, I hate blacksmithing but love pottery (anyone who likes blacksmithing is part of the "It's just like pottery" cult and liars), and I rarely build.  In an RP series I did, I lived in caves.  On a test server for another RP server that was going up until 1.22 dropped and mods need updating where I just dug a big pit in the ground and rooms off of it, I called it reverse building.  I didn't place anything other than stairs and doors.  I spend a lot of my time running around through forests and stuff, running into bears that feel like they are everywhere, on crack, and the *thump thump thump* of them chasing you is terrifying. 

All that being said.  I'm interested to know if anyone else plays in the Stone Age/early Copper Age like me.  What mods do you use.  How do you stay alive?  Do you have the storms on or do you play without the drifters?  What are some cool things you have done or built that you are proud of?  What are some things that I should try? What are some tips and tricks you have?

Some of my fave mods right now are:

1. Scribe - FANTASTIC mod, the devs have been updating it a lot over the past couple weeks and I've seen it change so much and I am THRILLED.  You can make books, lecterns, clay tablets, etc to make to-do lists, take notes, and probably a lot of other cool stuff that in 2 weeks I haven't really been able to do or figure out.  They recently added an item tracker and a recipe tracker too which I haven't had the time to play with but I am looking forward to it for sure. There's even a Clockmaker's Notebook that has a timer in it.

2. Wanderer's Sketchbook - Another fantastic mod that gives you a sketchbook that you can literally draw in and has drawing tablet compatibility (there is another mod that makes it smoother but I don't have a drawing tablet), use color values to draw with the inkwash (darker colors are on the bottom while lighter colors are on top), add a grid to your page and map out your build so you can plan without putting dirt all around and even leave text notes next to what you make so that you can look back and go "oh yeah, that's what I was doing".

3. Primitive Survival - This goes without saying when you enjoy the Stone Age living.  Adds in snakes, which is always great... until you see a snake the length of a boar and as thick around as a bear leg or a tiny green snake that bites you as soon as it sees you, trippy mushrooms have nothing on that little guy.  I know the mod maker Salty was recently named in the 1.23 stuffs as someone helping the game devs with some stuff so I am SO excited to see what the game gives us as I feel like even without mods it already has so much stuff to explore.

4. TerraTag and TeerraTag Rooms - Let's you draw areas on the map and name them.  All you Civ RP'ers out there would LOVE this.  It has local/global options so IF I understand right, server admins can draw your borders of "Carrot Land" and "Rabbit Kingdom".  Imagine this, the Carrots and Rabbits are clashing over their shared border that can be seen by all on the map with the global, the Rabbits win the clash and push the Carrots back further into their own land, thus winning and expanding their territory.  The border can be redrawn super easy.  Though for my solo play I name places things like "first camp" and "base camp" and "scary hole in the ground".  With the rooms you can name different rooms of your house.  Imagine you have a tavern (even in single player) and you name it "Carrot Tavern", you or anyone on the server that walk in will have "Carrot Tavern" pop up in the middle of your screen.  You could have "Carrot Kitchen", "Carrot Tavern Room #1" if you have rooms to rent to people, etc.  

5. AstraTerra - This mod adds in stars and the 88 recognized by NASA constellations, it gives you the ability to even make your own, record it in a book (I can't figure out how, if you know please tell me, hopefully it's just a me stupid thing).  The fact that I have Ursa Major in my night sky every night made it so easy to pick out and the fact that Ursa Major is one of the constellations that points you North (not sure if it changes if you live somewhere else but one of the stars in it is supposed to be the North Star, I'm not a star expert) was amazing and for any one who plays without a map and stuff, this mod is def something that to me, just feels like it adds something.  I use my map cause I like drawing on it.

6. Shipwright: Vessels of Distant Shores - I enjoy sailing in games, I put 4k hrs into Atlas (all RP, no official mess) and sailed all the time.  This game giving more boats/rafts just makes that better.  I always make a raft as soon as I can but recently that changed into making a Reed Longboat that can hold 3 baskets, a lantern, and me.  There are several other vessels but I have not gotten to make any of them in game quite yet.

7. Boat Autopilot - You can use your map to make voyage lines.  If you are someone who does a lot of sailing, this mod is AMAZING.  My last life I had a voyage that would take 17hrs to complete as I used the mod to track everywhere I had been for that year.  In another life, if I was going a different direction than my previous voyage I would just make a new voyage route.  You can keep them 1 way or 2 way routes, it does a decent job at block avoidence but can still get hung up on what it's doing if you are trying to squeeze though an area that is like 2 blocks wide.

These are just some of the ones I use.  Others to mention are Bricklayers (pottery in this game is my fave downtime along with knapping), A culinary Artillery, Alchemy, BetterRuins, Billposting (I like making notes and putting them on the walls), Bird's Eye, BloodTrail, Butchering, Dana Tweaks, Dels Brighter Berries, Footprints, Fields and Plateaus, Gourmand, Hydrate or Diedrate, Immersive Foliage, Nomad's Flute (I am not musically gifted), Purposeful Storage, Realistic Panning Loots (I hate prospecting), Real Smoke, RiverGen (the one with the clay, not currents), Sounds of Nature, Smoke and Scent, Temporal Symphony, Wilderlands Waymarkers, xSkills, Antique Harmony (adds more music to the game), and Zink Autoclay (zinkmodautoclay1.22 is apparently the name of the mod now) because hand issues and it lets me form pottery with holding down the right button or I can alt+tab and not hold the button down, great for people with hand issues.

  • Like 6
Posted
On 8/22/2026 at 10:52 PM, Fey Shadow said:

I'm interested to know if anyone else plays in the Stone Age/early Copper Age like me.

So I don't play dedicated stone age, mainly because I usually have some kind of long-term goal I aim for. But I do like spending a sizable amount of time in each age before moving on.

The current long term game I'm doing I spent a full long-year (30 day months) building a little stone-age village based around the Ainu people of northern Japan. the only copper I allowed myself was for a door (since you can't make fabric doors to enclose rooms) and a chisel so I could do totem poles & inset the walls a little. It was honestly a wild experience and quite challenging, especially since there's not a lot of agriculture in that setting. So winter preparations (remember you've got about 120-150 snow days in long-months temperate zone) are a lot more involved.

I honestly recommend everyone give it a try. It can be a bit of a struggle, especially for folks looking to rush to iron age or beyond, but it's well worth slowing down the experience.

Mod wise, I didn't use any. I found the VS vanilla experience now is perfectly suited for stone age living.

 

  • Like 3
Posted

It's interesting to hear about different playstyles like this because for me personally finding enough copper to get the metal age going is a huge highlight! The game really opens up and there's so much fun things to do and explore, every upgrade is an exciting step and I strive to make as many of them in a single playthrough as possible!

Posted
On 8/22/2026 at 7:52 AM, Fey Shadow said:

I'm interested to know if anyone else plays in the Stone Age/early Copper Age like me. 

For the record, I don't really like the early tech levels that much. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, but I much prefer the late game because the toys are better and I can more easily accomplish my grand projects(that rarely ever get finished). 

That being said, I'm currently experimenting with a different style of playing the game--that is, having an initial camp near spawn while I acquire some basic weapons and armor and then scouting out a proper base area once I'm better equipped to handle what the game throws at me. It's a slower style and very different to the typical "make a beeline for a permanent base or just settle near world spawn" that tends to be the standard for many block games.

On 8/22/2026 at 7:52 AM, Fey Shadow said:

How do you stay alive? 

Playing smart and drawing on experience. Although sometimes it's pure Blackguard rage and dumb luck.

 

On 8/22/2026 at 7:52 AM, Fey Shadow said:

Do you have the storms on or do you play without the drifters? 

Storms on, with aggressive creatures. Early storms can give a significant boost via rusty gear drops, if one is willing to face them. And they aren't as strong as later storms, so while they can still be tricky to handle, it's not necessarily a guaranteed death sentence to go fight through one.

 

On 8/22/2026 at 7:52 AM, Fey Shadow said:

What are some things that I should try? What are some tips and tricks you have?

I don't really have much advice for a nomad playthrough, but I do recommend checking in regularly with traders if you're playing with lore content enabled, and making deals when you can. Some traders, like survival goods, commodities, and agriculture traders tend to have basic resources and food for sale, which can be handy if you're having trouble finding certain things. Most of my salt supply tends to be acquired in this fashion. One lore location has iron equipment for sale in addition to offering repairs, and luxury traders sometimes sell gold/silver falxes, which are just fancy steel blades. Expensive, yes, but a way to have access to very good equipment without necessarily having to make it yourself.

Posted
On 8/23/2026 at 6:43 PM, EnbyKaiju said:

So I don't play dedicated stone age, mainly because I usually have some kind of long-term goal I aim for. But I do like spending a sizable amount of time in each age before moving on.

The current long term game I'm doing I spent a full long-year (30 day months) building a little stone-age village based around the Ainu people of northern Japan. the only copper I allowed myself was for a door (since you can't make fabric doors to enclose rooms) and a chisel so I could do totem poles & inset the walls a little. It was honestly a wild experience and quite challenging, especially since there's not a lot of agriculture in that setting. So winter preparations (remember you've got about 120-150 snow days in long-months temperate zone) are a lot more involved.

I honestly recommend everyone give it a try. It can be a bit of a struggle, especially for folks looking to rush to iron age or beyond, but it's well worth slowing down the experience.

Mod wise, I didn't use any. I found the VS vanilla experience now is perfectly suited for stone age living.

Personally I just kinda play the game and don't even think about progression, I'll move up in "Ages" if I manage to pan stuff to make a mold or come across stuff in my travels that I find or can buy but anyone who enjoys blacksmithing is part of a cult and I was lied to that it is "just like pottery".  I can never figure out prospecting so I just kinda live my own little life of "how can I get this done this time".  It either forces me to be patient (not something I'm good at) or it forces me to think outside of the box.

Personally I love the Winter months since I split my gameplay (most the time) into day/night tasks and warm weather/cold weather tasks.  So knapping different stone tools to collect them all or mass making pottery to fire.  I also recently started using the Scribe mod and Wanderer's Sketchbook mods to add something in to fill the time with making task lists or notes with Scribe or using Wanderer's Sketchbook like a diary of what I've been up to and to draw (drawing tablet compatible).  I added in AstraTerra which puts Earth's night sky in game and you can hunt down the 88 NASA recognized constellations at night OR you can even make your own.

As far as building inspo I have been looking into stuff like the Yaodongs of China (I may do this for my next 1-life Nomad run since I just died in my current) and the Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado.  It was built by Ancestral Puebloan people between 1190 and 1260 CE.  I'm not a good builder at all so I've been slowly workin at it.  I know Vintage Story inspired a whole lot of IRL stuff for me from hunting wild clay to actual pottery stuff, from foraging and telling what mushrooms are good/bad to eat to Permaculture ways in farming and rain collecting, heck I even looked into panning, knapping, and basket weaving.

 

Posted
12 hours ago, SnapJelly said:

It's interesting to hear about different playstyles like this because for me personally finding enough copper to get the metal age going is a huge highlight! The game really opens up and there's so much fun things to do and explore, every upgrade is an exciting step and I strive to make as many of them in a single playthrough as possible!

I try and collect the different types of stones you can knap with and collect a tool of each color and I do the same for the metal stuff if I can pan/pick up enough stuff to do so unless I decide I need a hammer and chisel because I like doing stone pathing floors.  It's def exciting when you go out and hit a cracked tool vessel and get a tool you don't have.  Progression is always fun but I feel like by the time I get to the "late game" kinda thing I've already done all the things I enjoy really.  Though with fishing added into the game it's given me another thing to go for and butterfly catching.  Those are fun no matter what stage of game.

Posted
11 hours ago, LadyWYT said:

For the record, I don't really like the early tech levels that much. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, but I much prefer the late game because the toys are better and I can more easily accomplish my grand projects(that rarely ever get finished). 

That being said, I'm currently experimenting with a different style of playing the game--that is, having an initial camp near spawn while I acquire some basic weapons and armor and then scouting out a proper base area once I'm better equipped to handle what the game throws at me. It's a slower style and very different to the typical "make a beeline for a permanent base or just settle near world spawn" that tends to be the standard for many block games.

Playing smart and drawing on experience. Although sometimes it's pure Blackguard rage and dumb luck.

 

Storms on, with aggressive creatures. Early storms can give a significant boost via rusty gear drops, if one is willing to face them. And they aren't as strong as later storms, so while they can still be tricky to handle, it's not necessarily a guaranteed death sentence to go fight through one.

 

I don't really have much advice for a nomad playthrough, but I do recommend checking in regularly with traders if you're playing with lore content enabled, and making deals when you can. Some traders, like survival goods, commodities, and agriculture traders tend to have basic resources and food for sale, which can be handy if you're having trouble finding certain things. Most of my salt supply tends to be acquired in this fashion. One lore location has iron equipment for sale in addition to offering repairs, and luxury traders sometimes sell gold/silver falxes, which are just fancy steel blades. Expensive, yes, but a way to have access to very good equipment without necessarily having to make it yourself.

In my Nomad runs I have to reach Year 2-3 before I can find a spot to settle but silent bears keep sneaking up on me no matter how careful I am so I never really make it to that point.  Maybe I'll give Blackguard a go since I normally only play as a Commoner.  I'm doing 1-life kinda thing atm so I've been avoiding the fighting for the most part or end up on a boat/raft in the ocean.  I learned the hard way that with Dana Tweaks drifters can open doors so now my beds are up on a ledge with a railing so rocks and stuff can't get through.  I've never been good at the combat stuff BUT I am good at running and avoiding.

I need to make use of the traders more than I already do for sure.  I think I've only sold things to the trader maybe 3 times in the past year but I always look at what they have to sell wonder why I have no gears to buy anything.  Thank you for that great reminder because I try and focus on something different each life and I think the traders would be a good thing to focus on and learn more about.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Fey Shadow said:

In my Nomad runs I have to reach Year 2-3 before I can find a spot to settle

But every time you die you'll go back to spawn no? That seems rough...

I find bears a struggle to deal with even when I am using bronze tools already, a brown one just got into my sheep pen and killed all my pregnant sheep so I gotta start over T.T

Posted
13 minutes ago, Fey Shadow said:

I try and collect the different types of stones you can knap with and collect a tool of each color and I do the same for the metal stuff if I can pan/pick up enough stuff

But you'll have so little inventory space when relying only on reeds?! It would take ages to get enough wild flax for linen sacks and you can't make leather without barrels either?

Posted
Just now, SnapJelly said:

But every time you die you'll go back to spawn no? That seems rough...

I find bears a struggle to deal with even when I am using bronze tools already, a brown one just got into my sheep pen and killed all my pregnant sheep so I gotta start over T.T

Every time I die I delete the world and start over again.  I spin a wheel for what additional mods I use (ones that I want to try or to add variety outside of the set of mods I always use like Primitive Survival, Scribe, Wanderer's Sketchbook, AstraTerra, Hydrate or Diedrate, A Culinary Artillery, and Bricklayers).  So far my longest life was 56hrs before I had my game freeze for whatever reason and next thing I knew I was smacked by a bear 5 mins after loading up my game and going on land.

Posted
Just now, SnapJelly said:

But you'll have so little inventory space when relying only on reeds?! It would take ages to get enough wild flax for linen sacks and you can't make leather without barrels either?

I run around until I have enough flax for linen sacks.  I make camps and throw down reed baskets or if I'm in an area long enough, clay vessels, and empty my pockets there.  I tend to have worlds with water on them so I use Shipwright and then put baskets on the raft/boat I make for additional space while traveling.

I pick up all the things I 100% don't need but if my bags get full I normally make a camp and stay there for day or two in game and set it up and forage in the area.  I restock on food and then continue my journey.  Sometimes I come back to one of my camps or return to a previous one and add to them.  Part of me playing this way is to try and find what makes someone a Nomad.  Do they have to always be on the move? Or can they have a set of spots in a migratory way going North to South like geese?

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Fey Shadow said:

Maybe I'll give Blackguard a go since I normally only play as a Commoner.

It's not as difficult as many say it is, and the extra hitpoints help a lot with survival. Do be aware though that it takes an extra shot or two to kill larger targets at range, and that food will be more of a priority. Additionally, if you play with decreased cold tolerances and/or in colder climates, the cold is going to be more of a problem at the start because Blackguards start with very little to protect them from the elements.

 

1 hour ago, SnapJelly said:

you can't make leather without barrels either?

Ancient Tools circumvents this. It adds a process to create leather without the need for lime/borax or tannin.

  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Ditto to nomadism in the stone-age, I think it actually fits well into the general goals of the game, just sometimes makes me wish we had more transit options before getting copper-tools aside from rafts (I'd like wild/partially untamed mounts, although can see that not happening). As for staying alive, migrating south in the winters helps me a lot, traders for some tools too that would otherwise require smithing, and hunting is my main food source in stone-age. Builds wise, I'm privy to building into caves if I can or otherwise setting up basic log-cabins. Mods wise, I really like most of Salty's mods (immersive mining, bird's eye, etc...), Cartwright Caravan (recentish addition to my mods list), Shipwright (reed boats feel like a nice addition to rafts), and also like Frontier's Map and Wander's Sketchbook (both work nicely if you disable maps), optionally consider adding a rivers mod of your choice (I use Rivers, River Gen and Watersheds are also great options) since that adds more ways of traveling around

Posted

Also forgot to add it (and doesn't really make sense to edit in), I also recommend the malefactor class for this kind of challenge, you can sneak around slightly better and seeing as berry bushes and foraging make up a decent chunk of your diet, getting more drops from vessels doesn't hurt either. I've tried with hunter before which is fun, but the crude bow and flint arrows require a little extra time to get your supplies stockpiled to make it work compared to slings which just require stones after crafting (both of course suffer from reduced melee damage so best not fight bears or wolves unless you know you'll kill them)

Posted

The neolithic era content is the most iconic part of the game for me, and a nomadic playstyle could be really fun. But I'm a bit of a hoarder in VS and I frequently run into storage space as an issue. In most playthroughs, I find myself rushing to the copper age just to unlock chests. Honestly, I'd love to find a mod that offers more early game storage options.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I'm a hoarding nomad. I usually adapt a ruin or village to my needs for storage so I can collect hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands of blocks), items ect.. and do nothing with them lol. World gen is a must for me, so Terra Prety, Floral Zones, Wildgrass, Wilderlands Forest , R Better Grass, Aloysia Hates Dwarf Birch.  Monsters in my worlds are below ground and in ruins only, the temporal stuff is all off. I use all of the FOTSA animals plus any other animal mods that work. Better Ruins, Abandoned Kingdom (modified version), VS Village, and I will be using my mod Empty Village in the next play though. I used Tent Bag for a while but found that I didn't use it as much as I thought I would, I just continued adapting ruins and villages. When it comes to tools I usually stick with bronze for the most part and feel rich when I'm rocking black bronze, not to say I don't use iron. Steel? I did it in my last play though and to be honest I'd rather spend the time exploring. The mini game of hammering stuff out was fun the first time but with having issues with my hands Knapster was a savior and More Molds is pretty nice mod for me also.  Theres others I just can't think of off hand (I haven't started my next play though yet).  Oh and I use a mod to set the trader spawn distances to far away, I edit the rest of anything else to move it farther (actually I edit that trader distance mod too). 

Quote

Explore, it's fun.   Shursh

He/She was right on the money, it is fun.

Edited by Novadegree
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Karl Kernow said:

Lately, I’ve been playing almost exclusively in Homo Sapiens mode, set to Creative mode.

That’s because I just want to build things, and the map is so vast that playing alone in Survival mode feels a bit lonely XD

I wish there were a server for Homo Sapiens mode.

 

I’ve installed mods such as Watershed, Continental World and Terrain Slabs, which alter the terrain, as well as ones that let you choose human-like skin tones. I tend to get satisfied just by building my own house, so I’m thinking it would be nice to build a small settlement.

Anyway, carry on, I am just providing a side note

Better Ruins mod. From my understanding a standard world is 1 million by 1 million blocks and I think a solo play main settlement is no more than (lets be super generous) 1k x 1k. For perspective that is 0.1% of the entire map.

So that is what I would do. That said, I personally would not play with Homo Sapiens because, at least for me, it removes reasons to explore. Anyway, carry on with regular programming I was just providing a side note.

Edited by CastIronFabric
  • Confused 1
Posted

The early game is my favorite. Probably close to 2k hours in game, and I have yet to get beyond the Resonance Archives in any of my playthroughs. For some reason, I get to mid-iron age and begin yearning for the early game, or want to try a new mod that requires a restart. Right now, I'm doing a "slower pace" playthrough, trying out mods that slow everything down a bit, so I can stay in the pre-iron age as long as possible, like Butchery, Fallow, Immersive Fibercraft, and Hydrate or Diedrate.

I've tried a nomad style playthrough using CarryOn and Tentbag Reworked (it got a bit repetative), but lately I've been doing "settle where you land", where I settle close to initial spawn or as far as I can get in the first day.

Will I get to the second story location this time? No idea, but I'm enjoying the slower journey so far. If anyone has any "slower pace" style mods recommendations, I'd love to hear about them.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Karl Kernow said:

Ah… er…

I don’t use the Better Ruin Mod…

And I don’t do any programming either…

As English isn’t my first language, I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say…

I’m not entirely sure, but it seems you’ve been sending comments to others that could be interpreted as somewhat critical…

Whilst I’d like to respect your preferences, I find the Homo Sapiens mode suits me better, really said...

I’m not really cut out for dealing with supernatural threats.

Yes, you needn’t reply… we do not need for a discussion...

this was a side note, I have not commented in over about a month so I am not sure what you are refering to. Also, you do not need programming in order to use a mod.

I am just giving a side note, please do not take it personally.

 

Edited by CastIronFabric
  • Confused 1
Posted
59 minutes ago, Jhoryn said:

The early game is my favorite. Probably close to 2k hours in game, and I have yet to get beyond the Resonance Archives in any of my playthroughs. For some reason, I get to mid-iron age and begin yearning for the early game, or want to try a new mod that requires a restart. Right now, I'm doing a "slower pace" playthrough, trying out mods that slow everything down a bit, so I can stay in the pre-iron age as long as possible, like Butchery, Fallow, Immersive Fibercraft, and Hydrate or Diedrate.

I've tried a nomad style playthrough using CarryOn and Tentbag Reworked (it got a bit repetative), but lately I've been doing "settle where you land", where I settle close to initial spawn or as far as I can get in the first day.

Will I get to the second story location this time? No idea, but I'm enjoying the slower journey so far. If anyone has any "slower pace" style mods recommendations, I'd love to hear about them.

Are you me lol?
I can't last in a single save for more than 60h before wanting early game again due to just running out of stuff to do. Making proper stockpiles of most resources is easy enough, even with immersive fibercraft, butchery and similar. By the time I get to iron I have enough of everything else to produce sky high piles of ingots in a matter of in-game days. And after that, what is there to do? Examine said piles? Make armor I won't use more than thrice unless I purposefully throw myself into deadly caves? Make turnip stew, again?

  • Haha 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, reg8 said:

Are you me lol?
I can't last in a single save for more than 60h before wanting early game again due to just running out of stuff to do. Making proper stockpiles of most resources is easy enough, even with immersive fibercraft, butchery and similar. By the time I get to iron I have enough of everything else to produce sky high piles of ingots in a matter of in-game days. And after that, what is there to do? Examine said piles? Make armor I won't use more than thrice unless I purposefully throw myself into deadly caves? Make turnip stew, again?

This is something I experience in every single game I play and its been my pattern for decades. I really admire people who can stick out a game until late game but I usually can not.

It actually makes sense. The time it takes to each 'reward to effort' is much quicker in early game while in late game grind usually takes over.

Posted
3 minutes ago, CastIronFabric said:

This is something I experience in every single game I play and its been my pattern for decades. I really admire people who can stick out a game until late game but I usually can not.

It actually makes sense. The time it takes to each 'reward to effort' is much quicker in early game while in late game grind usually takes over.

smh everyone making clones of me

But in the case of vintage story I think it simply doesn't have any lategame "content". There are lategame items, equipment, blocks or whatever, but those just things that don't do much in terms of bringing new mechanics and are just final improvements in the "tech tree" you can still thrive without.

You got steel? Now you can make sturdy leather and mine for longer with the same tool but not much else.
Got the sturdy leather? Now you can make bags for you and your elk, which further expand your already spacious leather bag inventory.
Made a rift ward? Now you can maybe probably hopefully see less rocks being thrown at your face by surface drifters (the rift ward can fail pretty often) which you could easily avoid anyway.
Made the night vis mask? You can see underwater a little better and see the same hill you've lived near in neon green. But its real use cases are niche, why spend all that effort for a lantern that hurts your eyes after a while and eats TGs.
Made the terminus teleporter? Yeah, this is actually a crazy good device. Not that you couldn't just be more cautious, but this is one of the only game changers you can access lategame.
Base return teleporter? Really, do you love spending your hard earned parts on a single-use teleporter? And this far into the game, you'd have a boat or elk so what's the point of transporting just yourself.

Anything past the mid game is cool and all but most of it is pretty pointless atm. Can live without, easily.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, reg8 said:

smh everyone making clones of me

But in the case of vintage story I think it simply doesn't have any lategame "content". There are lategame items, equipment, blocks or whatever, but those just things that don't do much in terms of bringing new mechanics and are just final improvements in the "tech tree" you can still thrive without.

You got steel? Now you can make sturdy leather and mine for longer with the same tool but not much else.
Got the sturdy leather? Now you can make bags for you and your elk, which further expand your already spacious leather bag inventory.
Made a rift ward? Now you can maybe probably hopefully see less rocks being thrown at your face by surface drifters (the rift ward can fail pretty often) which you could easily avoid anyway.
Made the night vis mask? You can see underwater a little better and see the same hill you've lived near in neon green. But its real use cases are niche, why spend all that effort for a lantern that hurts your eyes after a while and eats TGs.
Made the terminus teleporter? Yeah, this is actually a crazy good device. Not that you couldn't just be more cautious, but this is one of the only game changers you can access lategame.
Base return teleporter? Really, do you love spending your hard earned parts on a single-use teleporter? And this far into the game, you'd have a boat or elk so what's the point of transporting just yourself.

Anything past the mid game is cool and all but most of it is pretty pointless atm. Can live without, easily.

ok, let me be more concrete as it applies to this specific game rather than all the games I play.

I have not and likely never will, finish all the story missions. I consider that to be a late game objective.

At least for the games I play the vast majority of them I would struggle in a debate over if those game have or do not have 'end game content'. I am not sure when that starts or ends for the games I play. Lets take for example Space Engineers

 

Edited by CastIronFabric
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.