Different action types for mouse click-and-holds

Skru

I am not sure if this is a suggestion or a bug. When I click on a block to break it and an animal runs between me and the block or waits behind the block, I accidentally hit it and it becomes aggressive. It is nearly never my intention to hit an animal when I began breaking blocks (or the other way round). Also, if I wring honey into a bucket and finish wringing the last piece, the slot is empty for a moment and I am still right clicking on the bucket. So the game decides that I obviously want to take the bucket into my hand. This also is usually not intended.

I wanted suggest a distinction between action types. One mose-click-and-hold can only perform one action type. If I want to do anything else, I have to release the mouse button and click it again. So, when I start to break a block, breaking blocks is the only action I can do as long as I continue holding the mouse button. If an animal moves between me and the block, nothing happens. If it moves away again, I continue breaking the block. I won't accidentally hit the animal. Or if I attack a drifter with a knife, I won't accidentally cut grass.

As possible types I at least think of: "breaking blocks", "attacking entities", "take items", "interacting with items". There may be some more.

The action "breaking blocks" would mean blocks in general, not a certain type of block. Maybe there could be a distinction between a block the currently used tool is intended for and other blocks (I especially think of accientally breaking tall grass with a shovel while actually removing some dirt), but I am not sure if this is needed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.