Issue with mouse controls 1.14.2

Sandra

Hello everyone.

After setting up my new laptop I have issues with the mouse controls in the game. I use ubuntu 20.04 and it occurs also in older versions. When starting the game in the terminal I get the following warnings:

mono '/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Vintagestory.exe' 
16:24:00 [Client Notification] Client logger started.
16:24:00 [Client Notification] Game Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)
16:24:00 [Client Warning] Client side assembly resolver did not find the assembly in the binary path, the lib path or the mods path. Tested for the following paths: 
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Lib/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
/home/sandra/.config/VintagestoryData/Mods/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Mods/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
16:24:00 [Client Warning] Client side assembly resolver did not find the assembly in the binary path, the lib path or the mods path. Tested for the following paths: 
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Lib/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
/home/sandra/.config/VintagestoryData/Mods/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Mods/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Gtk-Message: 16:24:01.001: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
16:24:01 [Client Warning] Client side assembly resolver did not find the assembly in the binary path, the lib path or the mods path. Tested for the following paths: 
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Lib/UIAutomationWinforms.dll
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/UIAutomationWinforms.dll
/home/sandra/.config/VintagestoryData/Mods/UIAutomationWinforms.dll
/home/sandra/ApplicationData/vs_archive_1/Mods/UIAutomationWinforms.dll

I've installed mono (version 6.12) several times but it doesn't seem to work. I don't get other warnings or errors.

Has someone a solution to this problem?

So I've completely re-installed mono but the *.dll files are still missing. On my old laptop everything was fine and worked. I'd really love to continue playing but isn't possible. Could it be an error with the mono-version 6.12?

The issues with the mouse are still there, too. Once I left-click on something the view snaps to a different direction. Same for right-click. It is impossible to play that way.

This bug affect both mouse button and keyboard presses. I get this too. It's been discussed on reddit: Issue with new update on Linux!

It's apparently due to bundling an old version of the OpenTK library with the game.

It can be very annoying because it sometimes happens when I press F12; the view quickly changes to a completely different direction and ruins the screenshot!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.