Another use for Quicklime

Prin

Okay, so in Edwardian England, due to mining practices, some regions had a problem with reduced yield/infertility in their soil because of metal runoff. To neutralise this, farmers put quicklime on their fields at the end of the harvesting season/leading into winter. The quicklime would become activated by the rain and snow, so, all that the farmers had to do in the spring was plough and plant. Thinking on this, this could be a way to give a percentage yield boost to farmland in the game. Given that quicklime can set things on fire if it's activated near things that can burn, it ideally should be restricted to being put on empty tilled land. A potential downside to this would be that nothing would grow on these blocks until spring/they are hoed again, or if something is planted it could catch fire and then the fire could spread through the whole garden. I'm not sure how much of this would be doable with coding, I'm not a coder, but I thought I would put it out there for consideration.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.