The ECGC Report!

Luk

Hello Vintarians! As some of you may know, Lo-Phi (Hayden) and I showcased Vintage Story at the East Coast Game Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina last week. This was a nice opportunity for us to share the game with the public and get some valuable feedback from industry professionals as well.

IMG_20180418_110219.thumb.jpg.0cb0cd6b9af963cac31d3f8e3ae98d44.jpg

So what kind of feedback did we get?

Well, we realized pretty quickly that it was hard for players to just jump in and enjoy the game, since it can be a little complex. With that in mind, I’m planning to do some work to provide in-game tutorial information for new players to work off of. Hit me up on the forums or in Discord if there was any concept that tripped you up early or anything you’d like to suggest for a better new player experience.

IMG_20180417_165430.thumb.jpg.563f65199c6c4cfdd3d229e9a84a7881.jpg

However! The conference attendees were generally impressed once they started to understand the game’s depth and detail. In particular, things like the crafting systems, worldgen, and visuals were highly praised. We had a couple level designers, animators, and 3D modelers who appreciated the potential that our creative tools and model editor offer. Beyond that, many of the players excitedly suggested that we allow for custom tools and weapons using the voxel-based crafting system. Who knows? Maybe that’s something we’ll see in the future!

IMG_20180417_173839.thumb.jpg.1a371b45fb4f7e6fe69bd3272982175e.jpg

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience and one that gave us another chance to improve Vintage Story even further. Now it’s time for us to get to work and show our dedication to any new players that might have signed up after ECGC came to a close. Also, we’ll be presenting Vintage Story again in July for the ReVersed Festival in Vienna! Come say hello to the European team members!

View full record

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.