Mods that change cave music?

Philtre

I like the happy music that plays above ground much more than the tense music that plays in caves, and I'd rather have the aboveground music play underground too. I poked around in the mod database a bit and didn't see anything that seemed like it could do that, but perhaps I missed something?

Failing that, does anyone have an idea of where in the game code location-based music choice is controlled?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 10:42 AM, Philtre said:

I like the happy music that plays above ground much more than the tense music that plays in caves, and I'd rather have the aboveground music play underground too. I poked around in the mod database a bit and didn't see anything that seemed like it could do that, but perhaps I missed something?

Failing that, does anyone have an idea of where in the game code location-based music choice is controlled?

You can probably use the code from my mod to find something that works, modding the music is fairly time consuming but otherwise should be able to use the file I replace with my modded file to change tracks played in different locations.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/smileschillplaylist

12 hours ago, Smile said:

You can probably use the code from my mod to find something that works, modding the music is fairly time consuming but otherwise should be able to use the file I replace with my modded file to change tracks played in different locations.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/smileschillplaylist

Thanks! It's definitely helpful to have an example to follow, thanks for letting me (try to) adapt your code. I've never tried to write a mod before, wish me luck...

7 hours ago, Philtre said:

Thanks! It's definitely helpful to have an example to follow, thanks for letting me (try to) adapt your code. I've never tried to write a mod before, wish me luck...

If you run into trouble adapting it let me know and I can help out, but just removing references to the existing cave music should be enough to prevent it playing. Also if you know the track titles you can just remove the files from the game install folder and put ones with the same name but different music in their place :) Much easier fix no code reguired just need music and a way to make them .ogg (Audacity should work).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.