Distillery Placement Issue

Karel Vranovský

Hello, dear community and developers.

So, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems to me that placing Distillery (the Condenser) on the ground. I have both the Boiler and the Condenser ready, I can set down the Boiler, fill it up and heat it up, but despite having the phantom image of the Condenser, and having it connected to the Boiler's top, I can't place it down. I've tried everything - changing locations, surfaces, tried to place each on different level, connecting from every single concievable angle, scouring all the forums and wiki's for help, but to no avail: The character just waves the item in the air, but it does not actually get placed on the ground.

I am not sure if there are any files or logs I should/could attach. There are no errors popping up in any logs. I have just no idea what is causing it.

I'm using some light-weight mods, mostly hud related, nothing that should interfere with how the Distillery is set up. 

Any help or info would be appreciated. if there is anything more I can provide to help diagnose what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

With best regards,

New-ish Player.

9 hours ago, Philtre said:

Try placing the boiler and condenser before putting anything in the boiler or placing the firepit under it. The game may not be able to deal with placing the condenser once the boiler is already running.

Thank you for the reply,

Trying to place the condenser down while the boiler is empty and unheated was the first thing I did. I only tried filling the boiler and later even heating it up later, as I was desperate trying everything possible.

However: I restarted the game again, moved everything around randomly several times, and suddenly: the damn distiller popped down on the ground. 
I have no damn explanation why, and I'm afraid to move the things now in case they decide not to work again, but I have my distillery now, so all is well with the world.

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2022 at 3:14 AM, Karel Vranovský said:

Thank you for the reply,

Trying to place the condenser down while the boiler is empty and unheated was the first thing I did. I only tried filling the boiler and later even heating it up later, as I was desperate trying everything possible.

However: I restarted the game again, moved everything around randomly several times, and suddenly: the damn distiller popped down on the ground. 
I have no damn explanation why, and I'm afraid to move the things now in case they decide not to work again, but I have my distillery now, so all is well with the world.

I know I'm many years out answering this thread, but I figured I would leave a comment for any future people who are confused with placing the condenser and dig this up via a google search (like I did).  Crouch when you go to place it.  I figured it out by happy accident, I was having the same issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.