Jump to content

godlikeion

Vintarian
  • Posts

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by godlikeion

  1. Its 3 Am and I'm tired. but holy hell the same point has been stated multiple times. Please just take the time to understand what is actually being said rather than just saying "Well this." I just want the modding forum to be the best it can be. Tagging AI mods wont cause a problem. And allowing more types of tags for how AI was used and allowing separate blocking helps everyone without adding some insane workload or causing crazy problems. I don't want to be a dick but honestly. The point being made is so simple. So I'm going to sum it it as simply as I can. Authors can tag mods and specify how AI was used in the tags. The report system will stay because dishonest actors exist and there needs to be a system to address that. Users can block certain tags but allow others. EX: Block AI art allow all AI code. Block vibe coding allow AI assisted code. There's a toggle in game that when you join a server if you have tags blocked it warns you what mods are using those tags and whether you want to proceed. And all I can gather from the counter argument is: What if people don't use the tags for AI mods. Bad actors can use the system for harassment. It punishes honest actors. Its the players job. And every one of those arguments has been countered. People wont. And they might get away with it. But most mod authors are honest. And they can still be reported. They can get banned or timed out for harassment. Simple as. No. Transparency is almost always apricated. Even if you disagree with something you don't bully the person who did what you disagree with for being honest, You appreciate that their honest and leave. And for most others it makes the person look trustworthy That doesn't mean the system should be better, Ill say it. The modding page is bare bones. It has almost no functionality. But this is a step in the right direction because some players don't have the time (like me.) or patience to look. This system would streamline things and make them less frustrating. Now im going to go to bed. But please, Make an actual argument. Im tired so i may have missed some points but they have probably been countered pretty dang well. Doing something is more effective than doing nothing. It will make everyone happier. Your arguments against it can be reasoned out after five minutes.
  2. Sorry, I don't believe that I explained the point I was making the best, Allow me to explain again. Mod authors are required to disclose if and how they use AI to make their mods. Simply making them tag their mod instead of a written disclosure would be far more informative than having to sift through the mod page for the disclosure. Which is sometimes a single sentence in the middle of a paragraph. It would also allow people with different tolerances for AI use to decide what they are ok with rather than any AI at all. Someone might be fine with AI assisted/written code but not AI art and vice-versa. Someone might be fine with AI assisting code writing but might have issues with purely AI written code. To be fair I don't know how the tagging system works, But I assume the mod author tags their own work. Once again bad communication skills on my part. I wasn't saying the system was broken, I'm saying the system is quite flawed. Yes it blocks a large amount of mods that use AI. However there are still mods with a large amount of downloads that use AI that slip through the gaps. And knowing what counts as an AI mod is based on the person. I report mods that use any amount of AI as AI/Low effort. Including AI art, But others clearly disagree as some popular mods that use AI art are not reported as AI/Low effort content. This causes an issues that gets back to my tag argument. Popular mods that use AI are going to get more reports by the people who bother too. But some people might not like a fully AI mod, But are fine with an author that uses AI to write code and then reviews it. The reporting system does not address this. Its either blocking AI mods, Or not at all. Plus there's an upper limit for blocking. Once again, Popular mods that use AI may get more than one-hundred reports. The limit for the tolerance. These mods may never be seen by anyone with a tolerance set. And there's no way to address personal preference. Sorry that was one dumb idea on my part, But its a simple fix. When downloading mods rather than blocking it it gives the user a popup showing the mods and the AI content tags. People can allow download anyway if you just want to play. Or ignore it entirely. And now to properly explain my issues with the current system. First, Everyone has their own preference like I stated above. The current system has no control on preference. Its based on reports, Not the actual way AI was used. Second, The tolerances don't work if people use the system properly, Or don't use it. Or are responsible and report mods. If mods aren't reported the issues is simple, People who have tolerances have to have it at one to five reports to actually block any mods. Or mods are reported too much, And the tolerance scale may as well become a toggle. Third, People may be hesitant reporting mods. To most people reporting a mod makes it feel like the mod may be taken down, Not that your just letting the system know AI was used. Some people may not think the authors use of AI counts as AI/Low effort. Once again. AI art, Is AI art something a mod should be reported for? Is AI art fine? Personal preference may cause mods that to some count as AI use to be unreported. And most people don't report. Meaning that for the most part the only people who report mods are the ones with active tolerances. Id like to apologize for the poor quality of my original post. I didn't explain my points well. I was tired and I was simply frustrated that I had to go through and report mods, Questioning if it counted as AI/Low effort. Seeing a mod with one-hundred downloads admit to being fully vibe coded yet not having a single report was the last straw for me. In a huff I made my first statement and didn't really think it through. I hope what I've written above clarifies my opinion on the matter.
  3. I have my tolerances of AI/Low effort reports set to one. I am still getting multiple AI developed/assisted mods per page. I understand its a community effort that takes time to report low effort mods, But when a mod with 100+ downloads and a description that boils down to "I had Claude write this?" doesn't have a single report by anyone who used it? Please just change the AI content/use disclaimer to a tag rather than a disclaimer. It would be far more accurate and immediate. The tags could also be expanded to follow individual preference for AI use. EX: "AI-Art." "AI-Assisted." "AI-Created" And also, I know mods are downloaded automatically when you join a server with mods. Please allow the automatic download to forbid AI/Low effort mods too.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.