Version 1.5.0, a testing release, is now ready for download in the account manager.
This update will make multiplayer a bit more user friendly due to the addition of customizable player outfits, so we can each look not the same. Yay!
I wanted to add some more game content but decided for an early release since there's were a few bad bugs in the previous version.
Feature: Customizable player outfits!
- Everytime you start a new world or join server for the first time you will be able to select from a small range of dress pieces. We'll definitely add a greater selection in the future and make some acquirable only through ruin scavenging and trading.
Dress pieces otherwise act just like normal items that can be stored and traded with other players
Feature: When picking up items from the ground, the inventory slot they landed in will now vibrate to better visualize that you collected something.
Feature: Mushrooms are now 3D!
Feature: Added survival mode crafting recipes for stone path blocks (made from 5 stones and any soil) and wooden paths (made from aged planks).
Feature: Getting damaged now shakes the screen
- Added api methods for rendering a texture into a texture,
- Added api method to reserve texture space in the entity/block/item texture atlas
- Refactored TesselatorAPI texture atlas parts into their own texture atlas with some more functionality. We can now basically stream in and out of textures during runtime.
- More mod friendly way of setting the time speed (via time speed modifiers)
Added ability for the engine to load mods from the data folder as well
- Tweak: Sign texts are now black and centered
- Tweak: The grid recipe for arrows now only results in a single arrow instead of 3
- Tweak: Rewrote many server commands to be grouped together into logical components: /player and /role
- Tweak: Added ability to set default spawn point through command /serverconfig defaultspawn x y z
- Tweak: Improved the shape and textures of the bloomery, wooden chest, stationary basket, bucket and sign block
- Tweak: Some shader tweaks for the moon at dawn and dusk. Could potentially be used for further celestial objects that are also visible during daytime
- Tweak: Re-addded new opentk version built by copygirl, might fix linux mouse issues without breaking the game this time.
- Tweak: Animals only grow up if there is enough space to grow. This prevents them from suffocating if they are pushed to a block edge at the moment of growth.
- Tweak: Tweaked sound distance attenuation to play at 100% within a 3 block radius, should fix some sounds being very low volumne
- Tweak: Item/Block tool tip box now shows the item/block at 250% the normal size instead of 150%
- Fixed: /times speed command resetting on world reload
- Fixed: Killed animals still growing up and reproducing
- Fixed: Game crashing when trying to place a bow on a tool rack
- Fixed: Game crashing when igniting a block with a torch and then looking away.
- Fixed: Server crashing and breaking save games when breaking broken firewood piles (that contained shirts O_O)
- Fixed: Player block break animation not playing when nothing in hands
- Fixed: Tweaked the sizes / positions of many items and blocks in the inventory guis
- Fixed: Block schematic rotation issue when rotating by 180 degrees. Affects world edit schematics and structures created by world generation. Fixes ruins sometimes containing wrongly rotated beds.
Edited by Tyron