Fanciness increased to Level 2
v0.9 Pre-Release 6 is now online for all owners of a game key
Yesterday I spent the major part of the day implementing a shader bloom effect and even got it all working by evening. What an impressive effect, it makes everything so pretty *_*
However if bloom is not your cup of tea you can reduce or disable it easily in the graphics setttings.
Let's have a look at the full list of...
Bloom Shader effect
- Added a glowiness level to particles and individual element faces of blocks to make them glow. Freely configurable for all blocks as always. Should allow for some epic Tron-Style Mods
- Updated the VS Model Creator to allow entering of glow levels for each block element face
- Added a switch in the graphics settings to enable/disable bloom calculations for performance. It's not very hard on the graphics card though. My cranky old GT 630M card gives me 53 FPS with bloom and 60 FPS without.
- Added a slider in the gfx settings to set the ambient bloom between 0% and 200%
- Doubled the size of the climate map, which results in the emerging biomes now being twice the size
- We finally have Deserts. I found the bug that prevented them from generating.
- Saguaro Cacti are now generating in deserts. Also the cactus has an occasional flower now
- Fixed Trees generating in the wrong climate
- Added rotated logs
- Changing the GUI Scale in the graphics settings is now much faster
- The game installer now offers to uninstall the game in order to prevent old files messing up the game somehow
- Strafing while running now half as fast
- Changed grass blending (now more smooth over distance)
- Leaves and Branchy leaves blocks are now tinted by the climated. The branches are now a cross model inside the branchy leaves block.
- Fixed a client crash during game startup for some people
Probably fixed an old and rare client crash (that showed the message "Chunk has no data?").
With that, all crashes known to me should be fixed \o/
- Fixed massive gpu memory leak because I forgot to enable 3 lines of code after testing something >.<
- Probably fixed certain mouse wheels jumping 2 hotbar slots
- Probably fixed all scrollbars moving slower than the mouse for some people
- Fixed pressing inventory key not closing an opened inventory
- Fixed some flower stem graphics too dark
- Fixed some minor memory leaks in some of the GUI elements
- Fixed player no longer able to move around on the second time joining a multiplayer server
- Fixed Teleport not working in multiplayer
- Fixed one more instance of the game crashing instead of showing the disconnected screen
Edited by Tyron