Dear Steeled Community
v1.14.0-rc.1,2,3, a release candidate, can now be downloaded through the account manager.
300 features, tweaks and fixes later - here's the nearly completed version v1.14!
As always, before updating, we recommend making a backup of your favorite saves.
[Edit:] Also released rc.2 with the following changes
- Tweak: Backwards compatibility for old saves: Now able to load old journal entries, class selector no longer deletes clothes but drops them on the ground
- Fixed: building windmills higher up in the mountain did not provide a wind speed bonus
[Edit:] Also released rc.3 with the following changes
- Fixed: opening handbook for the first time showed an empty list
- Fixed: pounder overextended in the handbook detail page
- Fixed: pickup sounds gone from loose stone and loose sticks
- Fixed: using the propick crashed the game
- Fixed: missing translation on the coke oven
- Fixed: crusher throwing exceptions on wrong input items
v1.14 Game updates since pre.1
- Feature: Completed the character skin and class selector
Feature: The Steel Age
- Can now survival craft refractory bricks with aformention crushed minerals
- Can now survival craft the metal door, refractory brick grating and stone coffins
Feature: The Pulverizer!
- Fancy mechanical power stone grinder!
- Can now crush bauxite stones, ilmenite ore, peridotite stones and quartz pieces into their crushed variants. Required to craft refractory bricks.
- Can be survival crafted
Feature: More Body Temperature additions
- Added clothing warmth protection
- Added clothing condition and ability to repair clothes with flaxtwine or linen. (left click with linen in hands on clothes, not in the crafting window!)
- Added frost damage when "harsh winters" is enabled
- Feature: Added meteoric iron armor sets
Feature: New blocks
- Packed dirt
- Straw flooring blocks
- Stick panes
- Rough hewn fence
- 7 new storage vessel variants
- Leaded glass pane
- Feature: Can now right click pick-up loose sticks and stones
Feature: Added coke ovens. Lets you convert bituminius coal to 75% coke, and lignite to 50% coke.
- Build a 3x3 cube of fire bricks or refractory brick, leave the center empty and add a coke oven door to one side. Then fill the center with coal, ignite and wait 12 hours.
- Feature: Coal is now placeable. Tall piles of coal collapse in layers. New coal sound. Charcoal piles have a new texture now
Feature: Anvil improvements
- Will no longer pre-select the arrow recipe a cancelled recipe selection will drop the original ingot back.
- Metal plates can now also be used to smith tools and other metal produce
- The new blister steel is workable into steel on the anvil or with the help of the helve hammer
- Feature: Small, subtle-ish, but pretty shader effects: Surfaces that the sun directly shines on (close to orthogonal) now get a slight glow effect applied on them
- Feature: New controls settings: "Item collection mode". Determines how the player picks up items (always or only when sneaking)
- Feature: The text fonts the client uses is now configurable in the clientsettings.json.
- Feature: Cob can now become grass covered when exposed to the sky. Lowered speed of normal soil getting covered in grass 3-fold
Feature: A few new sounds
- When placing items in the bloomery
- When clicking a UI Tab
- Tweak: Increased Godray intensity. Fixed an issue where godrays are not aligned with the sun
- Tweak: Improved firefly spawning mechanic. Now should spawn when they are supposed to spawn (during low wind, low rain and warm nights)
- Tweak: Cannot no longer right click spawner meta block in survival mode
- Tweak: Added audit logging to server-audit.txt. Logs when the server finds suspicious flying behavior, when a player kills another player and similar relevant actions.
- Tweak: Barrel cactus is no longer in the creative inventory terrain tab
- Tweak: New installs of VS now start out with a High quality preset (with SSAO and low shadows on)
- Tweak: Increased arrow velocity by 33% except for character with the Frail trait
- Tweak: Added a light glow to rain particles, which makes them less invisible against cloudy background
- Tweak: Halved terra preta deposits, but doubled compost yield
- Tweak: Reduced metorite impact world gen feature by about 25%
Tweak: Updated trader goods
- The luxuries trader now sells echo chambers for 30 rusty gears
- The artisan trader now sells 6 new clay vessels
Tweak: Major Animal AI tweaks and fixes
- Chickens, Hens and Chicks now flee about 10% faster
- Slightly increased boar chasing speed
- Drifter melee attack frequency more random and more often.
- Fixed drifters fleeing from the player waaay more often than they are supposed to
- Fixed all animals not becoming aggressive when they are supposed to
- Tweak: Buffed crude and simple bow durability
- Tweak: All mushrooms now spawn in a harvested state
- Tweak: Wilderness survival worlds now respawn you randomly within a 5000 block radius
- Tweak: Traders now refuse to buy spoiled or less than half-fresh perishable items
- Tweak: Should fix greenhouses requiring a solid floor below farmland
- Tweak: Items rendered in GUI no longer extend beyond item slot bounds, they will now be clipped
- Tweak: Added new creative tab for mechanical power items and blocks
- Tweak: New model for harvested horsetail and dry grass
- Tweak: Minor layout improvements on handbook item/block detail pages
- Tweak: Random large lag spikes when opening dialogs (Removed large object heap compaction triggered by opened dialogs).
- Tweak: The bell now also drops resonance archives
- Tweak: Crops will no longer grow well underground. Added "underground farming" toggle to world customize screen to revert that.
- Tweak: Opening the handbook now focuses the search text field
- Tweak: Anvils recycling recipe
- Tweak: Beehives spawn in more wet areas as well now
- Tweak: Barrel now shows an interaction help to use linen to take out cottage cheese
- Tweak: Can now mousewheel on a drop down field to cycle through values
- Tweak: Tweaked firefly spawning mechanics a bit, so hopefully they are more commonplace but also where they belong
- Tweak: Muddy gravel is now also affected by gravity
- Tweak: Disabled silver torch cactus block, was creative only and never completed
- Tweak: Increase trader idle talk chance 5-fold
- Tweak: Removed some tapestry from ruins, now sold by the artisan trader instead
- Tweak: Minor godrays tweaks during nights
- Tweak/Fixed: Spoiling foods can no longer cure/dry/ripen
- Fixed: Temporal stability disabled on wilderness survival worlds O_O
- Fixed: 3 bugs with Mechanical Power
Fixed: Lantern fixes
- Plain glass lanterns are now craftable
- All lantern types listed in handbook
- Handbook help text about Linings
- Traders are willing to buy either quartz or plain glass lanterns
- Fixed: Mitigate incorrect arrow collision issues. Should now less likley get stuck when shooting over a block edge.
- Fixed: Game crashing with minimap enabled on a 32x32 size world
- Fixed: Controls list in the settings not scrollabe to bottom on gui scale below 7
- Fixed: Client crash related to the minimap on startup
- Fixed: At long last trader caravan fencing should be correctly rotated now
- Fixed: Able to ignite creatures by hitting them with extinct torches
- Fixed: Dropping a spoiled carrot gave the coal layer inside a forge also a rotten overlay
- Fixed: Sneaking at the bottom of the lake stopped all player animations
- Fixed: Reloading a world caused a change in gui scales to no longer updates guis and other not updating issues
- Fixed: A snow layer in front of a fence which has a stone path under caused a crack into the void
- Fixed: Environment dialog text cut off on gui scales below 7
- Fixed: .tfedit crashing when clicking toolrack tab
- Fixed: Game crashing when the game fails to save a screenshot. Now it only errors.
- Fixed: Killed by "prefixandcreature-fox-arcticmale" message and other minor text issues
- Fixed: Large world connecting/loading delays for some players
- Fixed: Small tweak to AI Pathfinding to maybe reduce the amount of times where creatures walk back and forth towards a straight line goal
- Fixed: Crocks destroying meal portions when trying to merge portions
- Fixed: Mushroom snow coverrage not working properly
- Fixed: Broken button text on chinese translations
- Fixed: Typing in chat box caused dialogs to get opened/closed in some cases
- Fixed: Should fix a rare crash when leaving a game world
- Fixed: Should fix ladders not attachable to a solid face of a chiseled block
- Fixed: Drifters go all sideways when on ladders and other minor animation issues
- Fixed: Creative rotor in the survival handbook
- Fixed: A crash related when attempting to render an invalid item (during collectible.GetItemDamageColor())
- Fixed: Dropped items swimming in water affected by wind
- Fixed: clientsettings.json saving spam
- Fixed: Archimedes screw recipe still borked and crashing the game when looked at in the handbook
- Fixed: Server side exception thrown during world generation
- Fixed: Should fix others player stuck in one pose and not animating properly (might break other stuff)
- Fixed: Should fix a rare issue where killing an animal with a cleaver could kill another creature that is being looked at by another player
- Fixed: Molybdochalkos plates resmelting into only 1 ingot instead of 2
- Fixed: Aiming accuracy modifer was applied incorrectly
- Fixed: When knapping, single disconnected voxels now also fall off
- Fixed: Some falling blocks emitting too many dust particles
- Fixed: Potential massive lag issues and crashes from the gui system (Technical info: No longer parallel-process image blur, instead its now a single threaded, better optimized algorithm that runs faster than the parallelized one)
- Fixed: Work items not remembering their recipe rotation
- Fixed: Thrown stones not stone typed
- Refactor: BEAnvil.cs cleanup. No longer contains item specific code, through the new interface IAnvilWorkable that code now is located in ItemIngot.cs, ItemIronBloom.cs and ItemWorkItem.cs
- Refactor: Added Property BlockFacing.Opposite. BlockFacing.GetOpposite() is now obsolete but will stay for a while
- Refactor: When using UnstableFalling block behavior, the boolean value dustyFall has been replaced with a dustIntensity float value
- Feature: New method Block.OnFallOnto() (when a falling block fell on a block)
- Fixed: Should fix block.OnNeighbourBlockChange not getting called on the client in some cases. Might break stuff
- Fixed: entity.WatchedAttributes.MarkPathDirty() called server side had a chance to crash the client
- Fixed: Reloading the world did not clear external asset origins, causing an ever accumulating list of identical origins
- Fixed: 3D Wearables rendering issues. ItemWearable.cs now warns if a wearable shape defined a texture but no texturesize
- Refactor: CollectibleObject.OnBlockBrokenWith() now has the additional argument "float dropQuantityMultiplier"
- Refactor: The delegate sapi.Event.BreakBlock now requires the additional argument "ref float dropQuantityMultiplier"
- Refactor: BlockBehavior.GetDrops(), argument "float dropQuantityMultiplier" is now a "ref"
- Refactor: CollectibleObject.GetMiningSpeed() now has the additional argument "IPlayer forPlayer"
- Feature: Added trait exclusive grid recipes. Also documented in the handbook.
- Tweak: Marked some methods virtual in ItemProspectingPick.cs
- Fixed: Items with only texture code "all" crashed when placed inside a display case
- Tweak: The temporal stability system now has a public field for the StormData property
- Tweak: Added capi.IsSinglePlayer
- Tweak: Added DiscGenerator.shouldGenDepositHere()