Max... or should I say min storage decay rate?

BigBadBeef

My whole base is around 15 tiles underground, and these storage vessels are surrounded by chert and dirt. I got a feeling that such an un-rounded number is not the slowest possible decay rate factor... or is it?

(please note that it shows the same decay rates even if I seal the chamber with dirt and stand inside it)

Screenshot from 2022-10-13 22-46-03.png

The min/max decay rate depends mainly (only?) on the climate. If it stays the same when you seal yourself in, this is the best you can get at this place.

A fun fact is that having non-full blocks in the cellar walls f*cks up (increases) the numbers. E.g. if the cellar is 6x6x6 and the floor is stone path blocks or the ceiling is mainly slabs and stairs (so effectively you can use 6x6x5 area), the decay rates are higher compared to when the floor and/or ceiling are full blocks, regardless of the fact that below these non-full blocks are full ones and they are still within the max allowed size of 7x7x7... 

15 hours ago, Ivan Stamenov said:

The min/max decay rate depends mainly (only?) on the climate. If it stays the same when you seal yourself in, this is the best you can get at this place.

A fun fact is that having non-full blocks in the cellar walls f*cks up (increases) the numbers. E.g. if the cellar is 6x6x6 and the floor is stone path blocks or the ceiling is mainly slabs and stairs (so effectively you can use 6x6x5 area), the decay rates are higher compared to when the floor and/or ceiling are full blocks, regardless of the fact that below these non-full blocks are full ones and they are still within the max allowed size of 7x7x7... 

I heard some growling in my pantry so I opened up a ceiling dirt tile. Turns out my pantry was just below a hole in the ground. I sealed that hole and filled another 2 layers of dirt on top of it from outside.

The decay rate stats got worse. I tried putting a door on the entry to the pantry, the decay rate got even worse, tore the door down and the rate got back to the slighty worse stat. According to the wiki, dirt is the best possible material to use in the cellars. Only the floors are the natural stone tiles. What am I missing here?

Edited by BigBadBeef

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.