Casting Metal Units that Aren’t multiples of 5?

Fawns

My friend continues to use my forge to cast copper items, and almost always leave an ingot Mold half full. This would only by slightly annoying if it wasn’t for the fact that somehow (he is unsure how as well) he is creating casts with units that are not multiples of 5. He will use the entirety of the crucibles contents to pour into the Mold and somehow end up with like 34 units or 33 units. We do play with mods, but none of them alter how this aspect of the game works, so I’m at a loss. Please lemme know if you know what’s happening.

I just watched him pour 45 units of copper into an ingot Mold that had 55 units of copper already in it and it came out to 99 units, crucible empty, no other Mold had the missing unit in it. That extra unit just seemed to vanish.

Don't cast ingots until you've had multiples of 20 nuggets in the crucible. To fill a mold, you need multiples of 100 units of ore per ingot or tool mold (The tooltip will tell you for the rest, both cruicible and molds).

If you happened to have a surplus that you need to pour in and it doesn't fill the mold, let it cool and then use the chisel to tear it apart into nuggets for it to be recombined and melted again later.

I recommend you go supervise your friend, this is a bit of a step up from knocking rocks together, it may be a bit too much for him. If he doesn't get it, you can still knock some sense into his stone age skull by smacking him in the face with a shovel... in-game of course!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 5:27 AM, BenLi said:

looks like an old bug of 1.16.5 or earlier.

I think - Tyron has fixed it in 1.17

I believe that it was happening post 1.17 but he said he hasn’t run into the problem again yet. I got him to start using his own stuff or to just ask me to make him stuff, but everytime he’s done it since it hasn’t happened, so perhaps it was somehow patched? Not sure honestly 🤷‍♂️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.