Beekeeping

Yeetiee

Hi, 

As a beginer beekeeper (in VS, irl the only connection between me and bees are flowers in my garden and honey in my breakfast) I wonder if there is a way to make it simpler/more efficient? 

I understand that populated skep must be hard to move because the "cargo" is very valuable but why empty skeps do not stack? If the apiary is big then harvesting skeps is getting problematic with all those skeps in the inventory.

Also the procedure of squezzing many honeycombs is getting tedious after a while. I wonder if the fruit press couldn't be used for large amount of combs and instead of fruit mash and juice the result would be honey and wax. 

Cheers

You can try the following mods:

• "From Golden Combs" adds other beehive options so that there is no need to re-populate the beehive after harvesting and the beehives themselves can get a lot bigger;
  • "Honey press" adds the ability to use the fruit press to squeeze the honey out. I have this mod's files altered a bit though, the original yields a lot more honey than the plain game.
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much :)

1 hour ago, Ivan Stamenov said:

I have this mod's files altered a bit though, the original yields a lot more honey than the plain game.

Could you be a little more specific? Which file did you edit?

Still hope it will be implemented in the base game ;)

Sure!

Altered is assets\game\recipes\grid\fgpressedwax.json so that I can press 16 or 32 honeycombs at once without losing beeswax (I changed the "quantity" elements):

{
	ingredientPattern: "W",
	ingredients: {
		"W": { type: "item", code: "game:fgpressedwax*", quantity: 5 }		
	},
	width: 1,
	height: 1,
	shapeless: true,
	output: { type: "item", code: "game:beeswax", quantity: 16  }
}

Altered is assets\game\patches\honeypress.json so that the fruit press can process 32 honeycombs at once instead of 10 (I changed the "litresPerItem" property). This also means that you will get 10l of honey from 32 honeycombs instead of from 10.

[
  {
	"side": "Server",
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/attributes/juiceableProperties",
    "value": { 
				litresPerItem: 0.3125,
				liquidStack: { type: "item", code: "honeyportion", stacksize: 1 },
				pressedStack: { type: "item", code: "fgpressedwax", stacksize: 1 }
			},
    "file": "itemtypes/resource/honeycomb.json"
  }
]

In the unmoded game 32 honeycombs will yield 6.4l of honey, so even with this "nerf" you will get roughly 50% more honey. Unfortunately this is inevitable (because of the way the fruit press code is written), unless you are willing to get considerably less beeswax from the honeycombs. You can have either the beeswax quantity or the honey quantity correct, but not both at the same time...

Edited by Ivan Stamenov
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ivan Stamenov said:

This also means that you will get 10l of honey from 32 honeycombs instead of from 10.

10l of honey from 10 combs seems a little too OP for my taste ;) so I will be using your code.

Thanks for help and merry whatever-you-are-celebrating (if not then have a nice end of the year) :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.