are crates suppose to change size when placed on different spaces?

omnifeeder
Go to solution Solved by PastaNipples,

to elaborate the same crate can be placed in 2 different spaced, same block type, open or closed, and they will either be bigger or slightly smaller.

there doesn't seem to be any consistency with how this works other than it will always be the one size on space A and different on space B even when moving it back to the other space.its honestly kinda of infuriating when trying to make something flush with a line.

playing with mods but just curious if anyone else has noticed this and if it could be a bug somehow or intended?

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Edited by omnifeeder
example image

• Solution

This seems to be intended, I've seen it occur multiple times. I think it's not a glitch, but rather a way to break up the visual surface so as to not have a potentially 'boring' span of 100% carbon-copy crates. As to how to avoid it? I am not yet certain, but I have taken to spacing out my crates in one block depressions, and then placing a trapdoor overtop; it gives the more uniform appearance, and I just work the trapdoor like a flap and interact with the crate as such.

thanks for your input, I just had a simple idea that needed them to be next to each other like my first image in the save im playing with my friend, but I'll definitely try your suggestion and see if I can work it into my setup. we did find a mod that makes bigger singular crates so if all else fails, thats my fall back haha.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.