mod / update possiblities, mpacifywater and handling turbulent waters

Ezra

So, one of the things that has bugged me for some time is the very strong water flow which has a tendency to 'trap' you if you dig out blocks while swimming under water. For example, if you're searching through an underwater surface ruin. I wonder if there is any way to tweak how missing water blocks are handled either in a VS update or via mod. Maybe messing with that sort of thing would be easier now the /we mpacifywater command is available for 1.18?

Another common annoyance is when you misplace a block while building in water (bridges etc) and are left with a never-ending trail of bubbles when you remove it. I guess it's possible to fix it with a bucket but I've never got the hang of it.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Ezra

It is mentioned on the roadmap that water physics / behavior is going to be addressed. No idea when that will happen, but rest assured it's on the radar. 

https://www.vintagestory.at/roadmap.html/

Under more improved game mechanics, it mentions improved liquid mechanics. I think we safely can assume that encompasses water specifically. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.