Don't remove the crafting grid entirely. Use it as a way to unlock crafting recipes for a Terraria style crafting system.

CalciferAtlas

I've read the frequently suggested topic and "Removing the crafting grid completely" was one in the list. This suggestion would be a compromise.

Such a system would speed up crafting significantly without needing to remove that classic Minecraft style crafting grid. The crafting grid would serve as a sort of vetting/unlocking system to confirm that the player knows about a crafting recipe or has done the research on it. Once unlocked, the crafting recipe will appear in a scrollable menu that lists all of the possible recipes that could be crafted from the inventory and from nearby containers, just like in Terraria.

I've never played Terraria, but I think you may have misunderstood what the Roadmap is suggesting.

The direction of travel in Vintage Story is moving towards having more crafting be on par with what is already in place for clay/metal working.  So for example, I imagine in the future there will be an actual 3D depiction of chopping logs for firewood or sawing logs for boards etc.

Edited by Hafthohlladung

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.