Realms of Andora - Civilization / Multiplayer Overhaul Project

Davis

REALMS OF ANDORA

"Cradled amidst mountains and shimmering lakes, the Realms of Andora are a land of enchantment where magic flows freely, and ancient mysteries lurk at every turn. Here, one can lose themselves in the ethereal beauty of the landscape or embrace the mystical energy that courses through its veins. But beware, for the realms of Andorra are not for the faint of heart, and those who seek its secrets must be prepared to face the unknown and journey into the realms of the extraordinary."

DALLE2023-12-3114_48.05-Ahigh-resolutiongameserverlogofeaturingashieldwithayellowtrimandablueinterior.OntheshieldalargeboldletterAinyellow.Behin.thumb.png.f61d3dd418916f79d02087c234749915.png

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to Realms of Andora (RoA), a project passionately developed by a small, skilled team, including myself, Hawtcrab and BattleQuail. Our ambition is to revolutionize the Vintage Story multiplayer experience, creating a dynamic, engaging, and long-lasting environment for large player communities. The roadmap outlined below provides a glimpse into our vision and objectives, although it's subject to evolution as we progress.

ROADMAP

After extensive planning and brainstorming, our team has devised the following update schedule:

1.       Update 0.0 – The Faction Update

2.       Update 0.1 – The Ownership Update

3.       Update 0.2 – The NPC Update

4.       Update 1.0 – The RPG Update

5.       Update 1.1 – The Technology Update

6.       Update 1.2 – The Content/Lore Update

7.       Update 2.0 – The PVP/Warfare Update

8.       Update 3.0 – The Rot Update

This ambitious roadmap represents years of development work. To delve deeper into each update's specifics, please visit our detailed roadmap post [COMING SOON].

WHAT TO EXPECT

• Our overhaul aims to minimize dependency on third-party mods, focusing instead on unique RoA-developed features. Here's a snapshot of what to expect:
  • A comprehensive faction system with custom permissions, settlement management, and role-play elements like sub-factions and unique titles.
  • Advanced ownership mechanics, trading interfaces, and a balanced criminal system. Expect personalized storage, interactive buildings, and NPCs for added depth.
  • Diverse NPCs serving different roles, from guards to bandits, enhancing the server's dynamic environment.
  • An immersive character progression system, replacing the vanilla class system with "Arts" that offers specific buffs and debuffs. Earned through immersive in-game activities and interactions, this is not a skill grind model.
  • An innovative technology progression system, directly linked to faction activities and cultural points, promoting collaboration and technological advancement.
  • Factions will play a pivotal role, influencing lore, item discovery, and server history.
  • A focus on cosmetic diversity, offering items through both in-game progress and donations, strictly for aesthetic enhancement.
  • A nuanced approach to PVP and warfare, catering to various playstyles and offering significant rewards for successful engagements.
  • An evolving in-game economy, with resource management, seasonal events, and a robust trading system.

CONCLUSION

Interested in joining our journey? Visit our Discord https://discord.gg/T98E2umycg . Realizing this vision will take years, especially with our current three-person team. I'm Davis, the community manager, joined by BattleQuail for server support and Hawtcrab, our lead designer and developer. We welcome anyone with coding or modeling experience to reach out and potentially join our team.

Edited by Davis
  • Like 6

Hi guys!
I'm very interested in this concept. It's exactly what i thought vintage story would be good for.
I contrasted Vintage story with Minecraft's Stoneworks server.
Vintage story i can see a much more realistic and engaging roleplay element simply down to not everyone being a solo crazy anarcho-capitalist. Capable of manufacturing mass amounts of products with no learning and little investment.
To get anything in vintage story you really have to invest in time and material.
This pure economic fact should contribute to creating a more realistic environment than stoneworks.
I'm very excited to work on this server.

• Like 1

• Davis changed the title to Realms of Andora - Civilization / Multiplayer Overhaul Project
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.