Error Group List

Laguna
Go to solution Solved by Relthen,

Hello friends. I have recently had a server dedicated to this great game. I wanted to look at the list of groups I have, and it gives me the following error, what could it be? Any ideas?

And another question. If I want to remove administrator privileges, how would it be? To set the privileges it is /op <name>, what if I want to remove it?

15.11.2023 17:21:47 [Server Notification] Handling Console Command /group list
15.11.2023 17:21:47 [Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerySystemPlayerGroups.CmdListgroups(IServerPlayer player, Int32 groupId, CmdArgs args) in C:\Users
\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\Player\PlayerGroups.cs:line 536
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerySystemPlayerGroups.CmdGroup(IServerPlayer player, Int32 groupId, CmdArgs args) in C:\Users\Tyro
n\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\Player\PlayerGroups.cs:line 137
   at Vintagestory.Common.ChatCommandApi.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<RegisterCommand>b__0(TextCommandCallingArgs args) in C:\Users\Ty
ron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\Command\ChatCommandApi.cs:line 317
   at Vintagestory.Common.ChatCommandImpl.callHandler(TextCommandCallingArgs callargs, Action`1 onCommandComplete, Dictionary`2
asyncParseResults) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\Command\ChatCommandImpl.cs:line 285
   at Vintagestory.Common.ChatCommandImpl.Execute(TextCommandCallingArgs callargs, Action`1 onCommandComplete) in C:\Users\Tyron
\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\Command\ChatCommandImpl.cs:line 221
   at Vintagestory.Common.ChatCommandApi.Execute(String commandName, TextCommandCallingArgs args, Action`1 onCommandComplete) in
 C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\Command\ChatCommandApi.cs:line 78
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ReceiveServerConsole(String message) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\Vintages
toryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 1214
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerConsole.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<readAsync>b__0() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\Vin
tagestoryLib\Server\Systems\ServerConsole.cs:line 71
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMainThreadTasks() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Serv
er\ServerMain.cs:line 2759
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessMain() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMa
in.cs:line 888
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.c
s:line 881
Edited by Laguna

• Solution

For admins I would assume using /op again would remove their admin role or even /deop, if not /role [rolename] privilege [grant|revoke] [privelegename] should work as well. (I am not well versed in server commands take this with a grain of salt.) As for the error it's a null reference exception meaning you used that command that then pointed to nothing and it backfired the server. If you aren't updated to the latest version of the game please do so. If you already are and still have this then scroll up, click need help? and make a ticket under vintagehosting or wait until someone that is more technical with code than I am to come by.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 7:13 AM, Relthen said:

For admins I would assume using /op again would remove their admin role or even /deop, if not /role [rolename] privilege [grant|revoke] [privelegename] should work as well. (I am not well versed in server commands take this with a grain of salt.) As for the error it's a null reference exception meaning you used that command that then pointed to nothing and it backfired the server. If you aren't updated to the latest version of the game please do so. If you already are and still have this then scroll up, click need help? and make a ticket under vintagehosting or wait until someone that is more technical with code than I am to come by.

Thank you very much, with the role command I was able to solve it. Very kind!.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.