Better way to detect rooms and new Behavior

Hello! I need some help for the development of an class mod: https://mods.vintagestory.at/minerz

The idea is that the hunger rate should be lowered if you are in closed rooms/underground. I used the body temperature behaviour because I have no access to the Rooms-Class (or idk how to access it).

Just like this:

screen.png.82ed71e413f8161b5db4448687c72ff9.png

This is how I do it at the moment but its very ineffective and may needs too much. I would like to create a own behaviour to detect if the player is in a room (or just detect the sun light) and trigger the change. How do I add a new behaviour to the registry ?

[HarmonyPrefix]
    [HarmonyPatch(typeof(EntityBehaviorBodyTemperature), "OnGameTick")]
    public static void OnBodyTemperatureTickBefore(ref bool ___inEnclosedRoom, ref EntityAgent ___eagent, ref ICoreAPI ___api, ref float ___slowaccum)
    {
        if (___slowaccum > 2)
        {
            if (___inEnclosedRoom && ___api.ModLoader.GetModSystem<CharacterSystem>()
                    .HasTrait((___eagent as EntityPlayer)?.Player, "lovesUnderground"))
            {
                ___eagent.Stats.Set("hungerrate", "minerstat", (float)-hungerrate);
            }
        }
    }

[HarmonyPostfix]
    [HarmonyPatch(typeof(EntityBehaviorBodyTemperature), "OnGameTick")]
    public static void OnBodyTemperatureTickAfter(ref bool ___inEnclosedRoom, ref EntityAgent ___eagent, ref ICoreAPI ___api, ref float ___slowaccum)
    {
        if (___slowaccum > 2)
        {
            if (___inEnclosedRoom && !___inEnclosedRoom && ___inEnclosedRoom && ___api.ModLoader
                    .GetModSystem<CharacterSystem>()
                    .HasTrait((___eagent as EntityPlayer)?.Player, "lovesUnderground"))
            {
                ___eagent.Stats.Set("hungerrate", "minerstat", 0.0f);
            }
        }
    }

Did someone know how to do it in a better way ? Or give me an advice ?

Edited by Ritzga

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.