Accessibility for Physically Disabled Players (Problems with repetitive movements/dexterity issues)

Ginevra

My husband has a congenital defect that affects his hands and has trouble with the frequent need to jump when traveling in the game.  He is really enjoying playing co-op with me but this means our sessions are shorter and less frequent that we'd like.  An accessibility option that would allow players to auto-jump over uneven terrain would significantly enhance his ability to play.  I typically do not mod my games, but in this case my searching the DB hasn't come up with anything that meets this need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginevra said:

My husband has a congenital defect that affects his hands and has trouble with the frequent need to jump when traveling in the game.  He is really enjoying playing co-op with me but this means our sessions are shorter and less frequent that we'd like.  An accessibility option that would allow players to auto-jump over uneven terrain would significantly enhance his ability to play.  I typically do not mod my games, but in this case my searching the DB hasn't come up with anything that meets this need.

You are right, the more accessibility options a game itself offers, the better.

Until this particular option is added to the game, you could use StepUp (it still works in 1.19.3), or you could choose the nuclear option and use XSkills (Skill: Survival -> Ability: Steeplechaser).

If those do not meet his needs, it would be useful to expand on what function he would exactly need to be able to play more comfortably.

Edited by Brady_The

36 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

You are right, the more accessibility options a game itself offers, the better.

Until this particular option is added to the game, you could use StepUp (it still works in 1.19.3), or you could choose the nuclear option and use XSkills (Skill: Survival -> Ability: Steeplechaser).

If those do not meet his needs, it would be useful to expand on what function he would exactly need to be able to play more comfortably.

Thanks for the mod suggestions.  I'll take a look at them and see if they'll work for us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.