Mapping: Allow Prospecting Layer Symbol Change

First, I wildly appreciate the .19 map improvements.

... but ... ;) 

I'd like to be able to interact with the 'Prospecting Symbols' - the circles of various colors that are the only things on the Prospecting Layer. I get "Are you sure you want to delete this"? Where what I want is basically the regular "Change a map symbol" dialog. I'd like to both be able to change colors (I use colors to rank importance) and to change symbols (so I can show untapped/mineshaft/depleted).

Yes. I can use regular symbols. But regular symbols don't show up on the "Prospecting Layer".  Which means flipping back and forth between maps when you decide "Let's go mining today" and start looking for a good spot.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be nice to have, just to make keeping track of spent ore deposits.

it would also be nice if areas with no or in them still had a mark when you use the prospecting pick in them, it can be pretty easy to double dip in areas you already prospected when there's no ore veins due to a lack of marking.

• Like 1

At the very least, switching the default prospecting symbol from the circle to the actual prospecting pick symbol would be handy. I was wondering just the other day why that wasn't the default.

• Like 1

I don't mind the default symbol.

It's just that there's a world of difference between "Green Dot" and "Green Dot with ladder to bottom of world with Borax at 8, Copper at 16, Quartz at 32, Sulfur, Magnetite....

That's all "Prospecting Info" that I'd like to put in the "Prospecting Layer". 

On the regular layer, that would be a red ladder symbol with a terse note attached. But. It's prospecting ... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.