salt water / freshwater

Robs

Hi!

I finished some farm work and i noticed that its complete nonsense to place a field beside an ocean.

The salinity in the soil would be too bad for most crops. Is it possible to create a mod which differentiate beween salt water (oceans; water > XY blocks) and freshwater (lakes; water < XY blocks) ?

And the blocks next to saltwater are effected by sem. "not fruitfull soil block's" beside salt water - oceans/seas

Is there any modder who can tell me if i can create such a mod on myself? ive many ideas but i would need a basic knowledge.

greetings!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robsn Duca said:

Hi!

I finished some farm work and i noticed that its complete nonsense to place a field beside an ocean.

The salinity in the soil would be too bad for most crops. Is it possible to create a mod which differentiate beween salt water (oceans; water > XY blocks) and freshwater (lakes; water < XY blocks) ?

And the blocks next to saltwater are effected by sem. "not fruitfull soil block's" beside salt water - oceans/seas

Is there any modder who can tell me if i can create such a mod on myself? ive many ideas but i would need a basic knowledge.

greetings!

Hey Robsn Duca!

Vintage Story is very open to modding so as long as you have the programming knowledge it should possible to create this mod👍

if you are interessted give the modding section of this forum a look https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/forum/26-vintage-story-modding/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kaelty said:

Hey Robsn Duca!

Vintage Story is very open to modding so as long as you have the programming knowledge it should possible to create this mod👍

if you are interessted give the modding section of this forum a look https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/forum/26-vintage-story-modding/

Hello Kaelty!

I start reading about modding this game. Will take a while. I will tell u when im done :D 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.