Just a few short term suggestions

Edrein

Howdy, these are just a few suggestions based on current play on the AbjectPovertyCraft server. Despite the server running mods these suggestions are for the base game.

Food Related:

1. Add seeds and saplings to the Food traders. This would help alleviate issues with finding various types of plants in general. But could certainly be a boon for multiplayer environments

2. Make saguaro cacti and mushrooms plantable.

3. Give eggs new crock uses: 

Honey Cake - Flour, Water, Egg, and Honey

Fried Rice - Rice and Egg. Anything in the last two slots

4. Allow eggs to replace 1 set of meat in meat stews and allow eggs in porridge. Also enable the creation of boiled eggs.

5. Pemmican as a long lasting ‘storage’/travel food. Made of meat, fat, and berries similar to real life. It would be nice if you could also grind pemmican into powder and add it to soup or stews too similar to how it was used in the past.

6. You cannot create vegetable stew with mushrooms as the base ingredients. 

7. Allow fly agaric mushrooms to be turned into a weapon poison/coat similar to the sealed crock system. Each use of the mushroom gives ‘X’ amount of hits with the extra damage modifier.

World Events/Generation:

1. There needs to be additional settings when gravity of blocks are concerned. Currently gravity is effected by any entity; meaning animals and drifters can set off avalanches of dirt, snow, gravel, etc. You can very quickly kill a server depending on how many chunks are loaded with players and the various gravity simulations going on around them due to animals spawning with chunk loading, etc.

2. Add an active meteor shower type event to the world. Make sure it doesn’t aim for player placed blocks assuming the game tracks world gen vs player placed (outside of reinforced blocks) that way any potential ‘griefing’ is limited. The meteor shower would be useful for adding resources to a map. Have these be various ores not just meteoric iron. This would provide maps a good way to ‘regenerate’ after existing for long amounts of time, particularly in multiplayer.

3. Add a few more unique events with various mobs. Full moon? Werewolf time. These events could require different methods to either beat them for unique rewards or you can choose to avoid them. For instance with a werewolf, you’d want silver weapons and armor to make the fight a lot easier, but not impossible for other metals to prevent players from feeling like they are stuck.

Items:

1. Obsidian Arrowheads.

2. Give padlocks additional value by adding 10% of their value (compared to an ingot) to reinforcing the chest they are on. So an iron padlock would add 80 reinforcement. As well as being able to remove a lock from a chest/door without having to break through the reinforcement.

3. The ability to create an animal lead out of flax. 

4. New bomb types. The Ore Blasting Bomb is great for mining silver/gold out of quartz and feels a bit less useful for other ore types. (In the sense that it doesn’t often clear out stone.) We could use a stone blasting bomb and perhaps one for ‘dirt’ type blocks for clearing out areas. Obviously an expensive to make PvP type bomb for getting through reinforcements would also be a good addition here.

5. A metal scrap system for the excess voxels wasted in crafting recipes or double the output of certain recipes where there would be enough metal to create two tools. IE: Shears, knives, and padlocks.

6. The ability to create the quartz pillar blocks as rarely found in the surface ruin type using them. Or atleast the ability to purchase these from luxury or treasure hunter traders.

7. Metal 'reinforced' type blocks would be nice. Such as banded wood planks, etc. A nice texture and a good use for spare metal ingots. Or even outright metal blocks. For both storage and decorative purposes.

NPCs:

1. Locusts are broken currently. The combination of their hitbox and movements make them beyond frustrating to fight. Combine this with their usually high damage and seemingly tanky nature (needing quite a few landed hits to kill) and you've got a recipe for disaster on server environments where lag can occur.

2. Animals seem to break in regards to eating. Animals will eat regularly when they are wild and generation 1, after generation 1 the subsequent generations seems to take increasingly long times between meals to the point it can feel like they don't eat at all.

3. The rooster alpha/fight to the death system can easily decrease chicken farm efficiency if the alpha rooster is a lower generation and just proceeds to kill all newer generation roosters. This seems to be common.

Settings/UI:

1. An option to disable screenshake/blood when low health/damaged for those who want/need such.

2. An option to disable the screenshake during temporal storms.

3. An option to change the color of the smithing voxel UI. Purple on red at times can be frustrating to see.

Edited by Edrein
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Edrein said:

Howdy, these are just a few suggestions based on current play on the AbjectPovertyCraft server. Despite the server running mods these suggestions are for the base game.

Food Related:

1. Add seeds and saplings to the Food traders. This would help alleviate issues with finding various types of plants in general. But could certainly be a boon for multiplayer environments

2. Make saguaro cacti and mushrooms plantable.

3. Give eggs new crock uses: 

Honey Cake - Flour, Water, Egg, and Honey

Fried Rice - Rice and Egg. Anything in the last two slots

4. Allow eggs to replace 1 set of meat in meat stews and allow eggs in porridge. Also enable the creation of boiled eggs.

5. Pemmican as a long lasting ‘storage’/travel food. Made of meat, fat, and berries similar to real life. It would be nice if you could also grind pemmican into powder and add it to soup or stews too similar to how it was used in the past.

6. You cannot create vegetable stew with mushrooms as the base ingredients. 

7. Allow fly agaric mushrooms to be turned into a weapon poison/coat similar to the sealed crock system. Each use of the mushroom gives ‘X’ amount of hits with the extra damage modifier.

World Events/Generation:

1. Add an active meteor shower type event to the world. Make sure it doesn’t aim for player placed blocks assuming the game tracks world gen vs player placed (outside of reinforced blocks) that way any potential ‘griefing’ is limited. The meteor shower would be useful for adding resources to a map. Have these be various ores not just meteoric iron. This would provide maps a good way to ‘regenerate’ after existing for long amounts of time, particularly in multiplayer.

2. Add a few more unique events with various mobs. Full moon? Werewolf time. These events could require different methods to either beat them for unique rewards or you can choose to avoid them. For instance with a werewolf, you’d want silver weapons and armor to make the fight a lot easier, but not impossible for other metals to prevent players from feeling like they are stuck.

Items:

1. Obsidian Arrowheads.

2. Give padlocks additional value by adding 10% of their value (compared to an ingot) to reinforcing the chest they are on. So an iron padlock would add 80 reinforcement. As well as being able to remove a lock from a chest/door without having to break through the reinforcement.

3. The ability to create an animal lead out of flax. 

4. New bomb types. The Ore Blasting Bomb is great for mining silver/gold out of quartz and feels a bit less useful for other ore types. (In the sense that it doesn’t often clear out stone.) We could use a stone blasting bomb and perhaps one for ‘dirt’ type blocks for clearing out areas. Obviously an expensive to make PvP type bomb for getting through reinforcements would also be a good addition here.

5. A metal scrap system for the excess voxels wasted in crafting recipes or double the output of certain recipes where there would be enough metal to create two tools. IE: Shears, knives, and padlocks.

Food:

1. I agree

2. I don't know about cacti but cultivating mushrooms is actually really hard you know? Not Immersive i disagree

3. new cooking uses* I agree and would like to add scrambled egg and omelette to the list.

4. Eggs are no alternative to meat in dishes. You can get proteins from them but you can't make a steak out of eggs. Blasphemie! 😜 I disagree

5. I agree...and i kinda wanna try that after googling it 😋

6. not sure what you mean? it's not possible now and you want it to be or other way around? Anyway, mushrooms are not a vegetable so they should not be the "main" ingredient.

7. I kinda would rather see it as a type of poison that can be crafted into weapon oil... but thats for later when the combat system gets a rework done.

World Events/Generation:

1. I disagree completly. Realism is one of the main charm points of Vintage Story. Meteor showers that actually survive entry into the atmosphere are very rare and those that do are either so small that there would be almost no benefit or they are large enough for that but would completly destroy anything in a several hundred blocks radius. The meteorites that you find on the map have been there for a long time allready, else they would lie in big craters.

2. No opinion on that one, i don't like combat as it is now anyway so i wouldn't try those monsters anyway.

Items:

1. hmmm not sure about that one... i do think there is a reason why there are non though. just a thought on the back of my head.

2. no opinion on that one, playing singleplayer and if multiplayer then as a group with no need for locks

3. you can craft rope which has no use yet, would think that would be a better idea. also not useable on wild animals. there is no way a wild animal will let you put a lead on it.

4. There is a Mod for that i think. Bombs and animal traps mod

5. I agree though i think that getting scrapmetal from breaking tools should be a thing as well (who uses tools until they are gone?)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.