Murlok Posted September 7 Report Posted September 7 15 minutes ago, Reva Revenant said: Yea, I've been putting UI elements like character menu / handbook / map as physical buttons on the hand and they quickly became cluttered. We have a meme regarding this, but I can't send picture here Basically it's an image of secondary hand and banner "Your AD could be here" Could you provide a new link to the Discord channel?
Murlok Posted September 8 Report Posted September 8 Maybe someone else can share the mod with me in DM...? 1
Murlok Posted September 8 Report Posted September 8 (edited) @Reva Revenant Um, I'm sorry, but what's the problem? There won't be any more links, is this a closed community now? I'd just really like to try Vintage Story in VR. Edited September 8 by Murlok
kulibin1995 Posted September 8 Report Posted September 8 Really, can u update the link to discord, i can't join too.
Reva Revenant Posted September 8 Author Report Posted September 8 "Unable to accept invite" is a Discord message that is not related to the invite link itself (the link works, it has been used successfully, including by ban evasion attempts), it's account related. If you joined the server and then got banned, you can't join it again! It's still an invite-only community, not a closed one (the link is posted only on this forum and in 2 YouTube videos, to prevent an influx of new users while the mod is still being tested). Currently I'm the only one distributing the invitation link, but in the near future there is a possibility that any willing member of the community who makes content on a regular basis might have their own links for the people who follow them! The server has its own rules, which are not affiliated with the official VS Discord server or the forum rules. If you got banned, there is currently no established appeal process. The mod is distributed only on the "VR Story" Discord server, which is, again, not affiliated with any kind of official Vintage Story platform and has rules of its own. We are testing our first VS-VR 24/7 server, it's US-based for now and anyone within the community can join it. If you are a content creator interested in this mod, I can offer you priority support and fixes for issues you will may encounter!
Bass Storm Posted September 18 Report Posted September 18 (edited) Hello, It seems I got kicked or banned. What would the reason be? I don't remember saying or doing anything bad. That was after the interaction about performance. Is it bad to ask or what did I do? Edited September 18 by Bass Storm
Reva Revenant Posted September 18 Author Report Posted September 18 (edited) /Storm Z/ as part of your username and profile picture in discord contains "kill" in russian. If you still don't get it, google "storm z russia" Edited September 18 by Reva Revenant
EmeraldKittn Posted September 21 Report Posted September 21 This is a really cool project! I'd love to join the discord and play test if you would have me.
Reva Revenant Posted September 21 Author Report Posted September 21 https://discord.gg/8qGhxgyCk - updated link
Bass Storm Posted September 25 Report Posted September 25 On 9/19/2026 at 2:49 AM, Reva Revenant said: /Storm Z/ as part of your username and profile picture in discord contains "kill" in russian. If you still don't get it, google "storm z russia" Fair, I won't be changing my name or the pfp. my name StormZPaul. my real name and the z added in between as an impromtu lightning, and the profile picture is of tagilla from Escape from tarkov which is goofy in it's own right. I get the relevance and the impact of it and that is why I won't be joining the discord server and I will keep supporting and keeping in touch with the mod from afar. 1
Reva Revenant Posted September 25 Author Report Posted September 25 14 minutes ago, Bass Storm said: Fair, I won't be changing my name or the pfp. my name StormZPaul. my real name and the z added in between as an impromtu lightning Fair, indeed. 14 minutes ago, Bass Storm said: from Escape from tarkov Not to tell you what to play and what not to, but that's the additional context why it's unacceptable by me. (reddit link1) 23 minutes ago, Bass Storm said: tagilla first comment under the post, I saw that video, hammer was used in both Syria and Ukraine, not much fun 27 minutes ago, Bass Storm said: I get the relevance and the impact Thank you!
Archer472 Posted September 25 Report Posted September 25 I have been thinking about how cool a VS VR mod would be for the past few days now and wondered how one would even go about developing it. From what I've seen though here, you've made a lot of progress in just about a year which to me sounds very fast as someone whose VS modding experience (and honestly the limit to my experience with programming) is poking around in code to figure out why certain aspects of mods aren't fully compatible and making a couple of crafting recipes. Keep up the great work, but pace yourself and rest when you need it! Out of curiosity, what have you found the most challenging out of everything you have worked on so far, and if you were to start this project over again with the knowledge you have now, what would you have done differently, if anything at all?
Reva Revenant Posted September 25 Author Report Posted September 25 56 minutes ago, Archer472 said: what have you found the most challenging out of everything you have worked on so far, OIT / water. It took me a month or two in total. I remember how happy I was after I made it work, and a week later the game updated to 1.22 and .NET 10 and water was broken again (it was a minor change in the game engine, but the initial fear was crazy). 58 minutes ago, Archer472 said: if you were to start this project over again with the knowledge you have now Don't obsess over litle things, I've spent a lot of time perfecting systems that were obsolete from the begining 1 hour ago, Archer472 said: Keep up the great work, but pace yourself and rest when you need it! Thank you!
BottledFish Posted Thursday at 08:03 PM Report Posted Thursday at 08:03 PM I will be keeping a close eye on this. I just got my steam frame today and had a blast with it til the battery was dead. Now I'm searching for everything I can play in VR. If I can be helpful in any way, let me know.
Reva Revenant Posted Thursday at 11:44 PM Author Report Posted Thursday at 11:44 PM 3 hours ago, BottledFish said: If I can be helpful in any way, let me know. If you want you can join our discord and download the mod from there, at that point you can have fun and share your thought! Positive and negative, any would be helpfull 1
Reva Revenant Posted Sunday at 12:49 AM Author Report Posted Sunday at 12:49 AM Short demonstation of new IK system (and maybe a part of a future release trailer) 1
AuthenticEmma Posted yesterday at 03:28 PM Report Posted yesterday at 03:28 PM Just found this and im SO EXCITED! I hope you make a discord or something so we can follow along easier!!!
Recommended Posts