Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I often struggle with much lower FPS values when making my way through a forest. I especially noticed this issue on my last save when I built a house overlooking a redwood forest: My frames were basically cut in half every time I looked out of my bedroom window!
There is an option to turn off waving foliage, which helps somewhat. I think a bigger issue may be that there is a lack of face culling on leaves (which I understand may be hard to implement because of the variable placement of the blocks). Perhaps there should be a setting which reduces the number of faces that leaf blocks have by, say, deleting the internal faces and just leaving the outside, or replacing all internal faces with something like a billboard GUI.
 

On a similar note, does anyone else find it a little funny when a strong wind makes their crops look completely flat? It's like someone steamrolled my flax field.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.