Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I found this silly bug involving fluids inside of cooking pots just flat out giving you the fluid as an item when the pot is removed from the campfire interface.
Instead of, you know, dumping the fluid.

After lots of testing to see if it was a mod causing this behaviour I found out this works in vanilla, but it seems to only work if you're connected to a server as I couldn't recreate it in a singleplayer world. If it stops working, leaving and rejoing the server seems to make it work again.
The attached video and other pics were all taken with a vanilla client on a vanilla server.

One use case I just thought of for this! if you convert dye into item form and then put the items back into a barrel, you can get whatever dye color you want with a lumpy surface. kinda looks like a barrel of dye powder since it's not flat like the fluid would normally be.
(do note that if you use this for decorating, you should use a non perishable fluid. cause while you can do this with any fluid, anything that spoils will still do so)

"Hey bro, got anything good in your base?"
"Yeah dude, all my chests are full of stuff."
"Niceee, what kind of stuff?"
"Oh you know, just water and water and water water."
"What?"
"🌊"

aanyways this is not an attempt at a bug report, just thought I'd share this because I thought it was silly. (and has potential to be used for building)
If this is absoultely the wrong place to post this then feel free to let me know so I can adjust what I think is alright to post here. :D

Video demonstration:

Tannin in inventory:
image.png.7fc646a3b5c32eb049b24b42e7da3f0f.png

Blue dye in inventory:
image.png.8564c5f750b83008289d11e65e767b84.png

Water in HAND:
image.png.a96af4651e30534455e43de032224131.png

Water in barrel, but not in the normal way...
image.png.2d88af431475f5b127bf29ca8a8834de.png

Red dye barrel. dye in item form, of course:
image.png.29898069f664ff8001b79484b00afbb5.png

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Mind=blown 1
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.