DragonWyvryn Posted yesterday at 01:08 AM Report Posted yesterday at 01:08 AM (edited) Two issues, biggest one is that when attempting to update from Butchering 1.13.2 to 1.14.3 the mod does not load when playing. This is the section of the log that contains the issue, but I don't know how to parse it. I've tried deleting the old version, deleting old version before updating the mod, etc. When I revert to old version mod works, with the exception that the cows from Traditional Livestock do not go into Butchering Bags (Which was why I wanted to update the mod to see if it fixed it.) This error happens on both new and old worlds. 4.10.2026 20:40:30 [Error] [butchering] Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Butchering, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Assembly with same name is already loaded at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.<LoadFromPath>g____PInvoke|5_0(IntPtr __ptrNativeAssemblyBinder_native, UInt16* __ilPath_native, UInt16* __niPath_native, ObjectHandleOnStack __retAssembly_native) at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.<LoadFromPath>g____PInvoke|5_0(IntPtr __ptrNativeAssemblyBinder_native, UInt16* __ilPath_native, UInt16* __niPath_native, ObjectHandleOnStack __retAssembly_native) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ListSelectIterator`2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.IEnumerableWhereIterator`1.ToList() at Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.LoadAssembly(ModCompilationContext compilationContext, ModAssemblyLoader loader) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\ModContainer.cs:line 606 Edited yesterday at 01:09 AM by DragonWyvryn added tags
Dilan Rona Posted yesterday at 04:25 AM Report Posted yesterday at 04:25 AM Please go to Butchering - Vintage Story Mod DB, and mention the issue there. Otherwise CaptainOats cant address the bug. But unless I am not mistaken, you updated the mod without completely quitting the game. In all likelihood, you saved and exited the map, then Updated the mod, and tried to load the map again. I ran into that issue myself while developing new mods.
Solution MKMoose Posted yesterday at 09:13 AM Solution Report Posted yesterday at 09:13 AM 8 hours ago, DragonWyvryn said: I've tried deleting the old version, deleting old version before updating the mod, etc. The game is trying to load two mods with the same assembly name, suggesting that you have both the new and the old version enabled. The first thing to do would be to clear out the cache (%AppData%\VintagestoryData\Cache if on Windows), and make sure that the older version is correctly disabled or removed from the Mods folder.
DragonWyvryn Posted 18 hours ago Author Report Posted 18 hours ago 13 hours ago, MKMoose said: clear out the cache (%AppData%\VintagestoryData\Cache if on Windows) This is what fixed it! Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. And, thankfully, getting the mod to update properly fixed the issue with Traditional Livestock's cow carcases not going into butchering bags. 18 hours ago, Dilan Rona said: Please go to Butchering - Vintage Story Mod DB, and mention the issue there. Otherwise CaptainOats cant address the bug. But unless I am not mistaken, you updated the mod without completely quitting the game. In all likelihood, you saved and exited the map, then Updated the mod, and tried to load the map again. I've done the same thing with different mods before (I tend to use the one-click-install just for convenience) and I haven't run into issues before. But thank you for commenting! And yes, I will be commenting on the mod pages but will mention I fixed the issue and updating the game fixed the original bug.
Recommended Posts