Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I've been getting occasional crashes with the scythe. I'm playing and testing a modpack I've been putting together, but these aren't the usual crash logs, so I'm not sure what's causing it—vanilla or modded. The crash seems to occur after crafting a scythe. 

The game would crash with a message:
"Server shutting down - Too many errors detected. See server-main.log file"

After checking out the server-main.log this is what I found (I think), and it seems to be a spam of the same error.  

Spoiler

5.10.2026 17:13:53 [Error] Exception: Cannot call PlaySound outside the main thread, it is not thread safe
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.PlaySoundAt(AssetLocation location, Entity atEntity, IPlayer ignorePlayerUid, Boolean randomizePitch, Single range, Single volume) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Audio\SoundEngine.cs:line 148
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemScythe.performActions(Single secondsPassed, EntityAgent byEntity, ItemSlot slot, BlockSelection blockSelection) in VSSurvivalMod\Item\ItemScythe.cs:line 128
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemScythe.OnHeldAttackStep_Patch2(ItemScythe this, Single secondsPassed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSelection, EntitySelection entitySel)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldUseStep_Patch3(CollectibleObject this, Single secondsPassed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.callOnUsing(ItemSlot slot, ServerPlayer player, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, Single& secondsPassed, Boolean callStop) in VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\Inventory.cs:line 661
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.OnUsingTick(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\Inventory.cs:line 182
   at Vintagestory.Common.GameTickListener.OnTriggered(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds) in VintagestoryLib\Common\Model\GameTickListener.cs:line 36
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 134
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 883

I'm not sure what to make of this error report other than that it's a sound issue?? I'm hoping to get any advice that would help pinpoint the root cause of this error, but in the meantime I'll be going down my mod list the old-fashioned way. 

pepetired-kiwimeli.gif

Posted
1 hour ago, WinterX said:

I'm not sure what to make of this error report other than that it's a sound issue?? I'm hoping to get any advice that would help pinpoint the root cause of this error, but in the meantime I'll be going down my mod list the old-fashioned way. 

Welcome to the forums! If the game is actively crashing, it should be generating a crashlog, so I recommend posting that if you can. Aside from that, it would be handy to have the modlist posted as well. Unfortunately the log snippet doesn't really give many clues as to what could be the problem, aside from something related to scythes and sound.

Mods that affect tools or sounds are primary suspects, so I would start with checking those out first. Additionally, make sure that all your mods have been appropriately updated to 1.22; older mods sometimes work on newer game versions, but 1.22 introduced several code changes and broke a lot of older mods, so there's a much higher chance of things breaking when using an outdated mod.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.