Various Bugs On Mac

ACE

Bring up Finder and press Shift-Command-. to make it display invisible files. In your home folder, you should see a folder called ".config". Navigate to ".config/VintagestoryData, and you will see a file called "clientsettings.json". Edit that file in your preferred text editor (TextEdit, VSCode, etc.) and look for the line:

"selectedBlockOutline": true,

It was line 67 in my file. Change the line to read:

"selectedBlockOutline": false,

Save the file, start Vintage Story, and you should be good to go. This fix worked for me.

• Like 2

My config file didn't have selectedBlockOutline (made sure it was rc-1, downloaded unstable again just to be sure), and inputting the proper line in both .json and .bkp files unfortunately haven't worked. However, perhaps I was putting it in the wrong order? I tried counting lines. What were the settings before and after yours?

Tried 1.16.5 stable on my M1 air yesterday. Here are a few observations:

• Requires launching via `mono vintagestory.exe` otherwise mouse is unresponsive in game (works in menus, but not in game)
  • Block outline indeed makes the HUD disappear - the option `selectedBlockOutline` works as a workaround
  • Knapping is almost impossible because the HUD disappears there as well (probably same cause)
  • Game at 2560x1440 regardless of video settings runs very sluggish, e.g. the mouse has input lag of I'd say about 100ms and visibly trails movement with the hand

My suggestion to you: drop the macOS support, I doubt it's worth the effort to get it halfway as stable as the Windows version. You'd probably save a lot of time that you can spend on improving the game.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 2:06 AM, Vincent Reynolds said:

Bring up Finder and press Shift-Command-. to make it display invisible files. In your home folder, you should see a folder called ".config". Navigate to ".config/VintagestoryData, and you will see a file called "clientsettings.json". Edit that file in your preferred text editor (TextEdit, VSCode, etc.) and look for the line:

"selectedBlockOutline": true,

It was line 67 in my file. Change the line to read:

"selectedBlockOutline": false,

Save the file, start Vintage Story, and you should be good to go. This fix worked for me.

Weirdly enough shift command does nothing, do i need to type it in somewhere?

On 6/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, Vincent Reynolds said:

That period at the end is significant. You need to hold the Shift and Command keys and press the period key. Sorry about that—I can see that it's a bit ambiguous in the post.

No need to apologize, only thing is that it somehow doesn’t do anything, might there be something im doing wrong or are there other ways to open the files

51 minutes ago, Ramone Bronwasser said:

No need to apologize, only thing is that it somehow doesn’t do anything, might there be something im doing wrong or are there other ways to open the files

Outside of doing the listing and editing in the terminal, I don't know of a way. When I open a new Finder window and navigate to my home folder I see the usual set of subfolders. Then when I press Command + Shift + . (period), Finder shows the hidden files and folders, including the ".config" folder. The keys I'm using are the ones circled in the attached picture. Hope this helps.

keys.png

21 hours ago, Vincent Reynolds said:

Outside of doing the listing and editing in the terminal, I don't know of a way. When I open a new Finder window and navigate to my home folder I see the usual set of subfolders. Then when I press Command + Shift + . (period), Finder shows the hidden files and folders, including the ".config" folder. The keys I'm using are the ones circled in the attached picture. Hope this helps.

keys.png

Thankyou very much for the help, managed to get into the config files, only cant really seem to find the selected block out line thing, though i first might need to update the game to 1.16.5 as i saw that might fix it too

13 hours ago, Ramone Bronwasser said:

Thankyou very much for the help, managed to get into the config files, only cant really seem to find the selected block out line thing, though i first might need to update the game to 1.16.5 as i saw that might fix it too

Yes. I think that config setting was added in 1.16.5, so that should work.

• Mind=blown 1

13 hours ago, Vincent Reynolds said:

Yes. I think that config setting was added in 1.16.5, so that should work.

Weird unpacking the update doesnt update the game, and the new application that it creates can’t be opened, anyone else had this problem?

edit: i might have a solution ill fix it tomorrow 

Edited by Ramone Bronwasser
  • Amazing! 1

23 hours ago, Ramone Bronwasser said:

Weird unpacking the update doesnt update the game, and the new application that it creates can’t be opened, anyone else had this problem?

edit: i might have a solution ill fix it tomorrow 

It worked, i can play the game normally now. Imma just going to install a mod or two if i can and then im going to play. Thanks for your help man appreciate it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.