Scarcrows to protect Crops

Eyvone DeMontigney

As the title suggests I think Scarecrows would be a great addition to the farming of the game. I don't know if this has been suggested before so I hope I'm not just repeating something that's been said a few times before. I've made fences to protect my garden yet hares still get in somehow, I don't know if they spawn inside it or what but it gets annoying finding my crops ruined when I put so much effort into it so I think it would be cool to be able to craft a scarecrow to protect your crops from hares and whatever other future creature that can mess with your farms. I think a way to craft it could be with your old tattered clothes with dried grass and sticks. 

15 hours ago, Eyvone DeMontigney said:

As the title suggests I think Scarecrows would be a great addition to the farming of the game. I don't know if this has been suggested before so I hope I'm not just repeating something that's been said a few times before. I've made fences to protect my garden yet hares still get in somehow, I don't know if they spawn inside it or what but it gets annoying finding my crops ruined when I put so much effort into it so I think it would be cool to be able to craft a scarecrow to protect your crops from hares and whatever other future creature that can mess with your farms. I think a way to craft it could be with your old tattered clothes with dried grass and sticks. 

The hares are smart. I once left a water can next to the fence, and they used it to jump over the fence. So make sure that there are no blocks near by that they can jump over. 

Apparently the hares can be caught and bred. I have not tried it but some youtubers have reported that they do gain generation. I am going to give this a try because that would be a steady source of hides for leather. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.