i wanna play VS under linux but have a big issue..

cHyperspeed

We need more info, particularly the console output as caffeine9999 said.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and it's running just fine. No crashes, just one known input glitch.

Did you follow the instruction here? Installing the game on Linux

Since Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu, did you install the latest Stable Mono release as required? Most distros don't have the latest release.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:26 AM, Peter Siederer said:

I changed os to openSUSE leap 15.2 (x86-64) and with the workaround (install mono with console commands and the also need other important stuff from the wikipage i can run with a bad performance - same game under windows 10 home edition with the same version of VS runs much better than the other os.

I can play singleplayer very well under linux openSUSE leap 15.2 (x86-64) but

the multiplayer mode i have a issue with disconnected or not available issues...

thx for helping me...

Edited by Peter Siederer

On 12/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, Stratagerm said:

We need more info, particularly the console output as caffeine9999 said.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and it's running just fine. No crashes, just one known input glitch.

Did you follow the instruction here? Installing the game on Linux

Since Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu, did you install the latest Stable Mono release as required? Most distros don't have the latest release.

btw

• I do not have the console output any more because I moved from Zorin to openSuSE leap 15.2 (x86-64)
  • I followed the instructions...
  • Zorin OS has and outdated mono release version and with the sudo apt install commands I could not updated the the minimum version of mono release.

6 hours ago, Peter Siederer said:

I changed os to openSUSE leap 15.2 (x86-64) and with the workaround (install mono with console commands and the also need other important stuff from the wikipage i can run with a bad performance - same game under windows 10 home edition with the same version of VS runs much better than the other os.

Well, at least that's progess!

Now about the poor performance.

I looked up openSUSE leap 15.2 and see that it uses KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS by default for the desktop. Is that what you are using?

If so, search the web for optimizing game performance with KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS.

With default settings many Linux distros perform poorly in games. One thing that often helps is to turn off all the desktop eye candy—using the GPU for fancy desktop effects often hurts game performance.

I don't use Ubuntu's standard desktop, to get good performance and the desktop I like I use gnome-flashback and metacity with all fancy effects turned off.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.