Astronomy

Soliton

Prior to building it in my survival world I evaluated a version of (most famously) Stonehenge as a way to determine in-game time without using the clock on the character gui.  After a couple of days of playing with it in a creative world,  I was able to determine season, month, day, and even (very) rough time from the position of the Sun.  My sincere appreciation to the development team for giving us lots of tools to make this an interesting, while not onerous, task.  Not surprisingly, this same build works just as well regardless of your location, since making Suns motion relative to your location in the world would be computational intensive for a mechanic that no one would ever really use.

To my question, afterwards I wondered if the Moon's relative motion could be used as a way to gather additional information.  So far I haven't been able to discover a workable correlation and was curious if anyone else had researched this issue and found a exploitable relationship?

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Respectfully Submitted,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.