Ranged Weapons (Crossbow, Arquebus, Hand Cannon)

David Stark

• 1 year later...

Another update, this one adding wheellock pistols.

Unlike crossbows, hand cannons, and arquebuses, these things stay loaded even if you stop holding them. Their main disadvantage is that they are less powerful than an arquebus and have little durability.

wolf.thumb.jpg.c90e8c6fb7343df4df6af5a9548839c9.jpg

Here's an ornate gold pistol used as a last-ditch defense against a wolf.

• Like 3

In 0.6, based on player feedback, I significantly increased the damage by these weapons, by 50-100%. This is to compensate for their much slower-firing nature compared to bows.

I also added a heavy musket, a larger version of the arquebus that does a large amount of damage, but is so unwieldy that you can't move while loading or firing it.

musket.thumb.jpg.a70583af06b31b3224bceff2c95b681d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, phoenixmastm said:

Is there a guide on how to make the arquebus barrel? Having a hell of a time as I have to forge it solid, and then core out the middle of the barrel which is causing some issues.

Any tips?

Yeah, that's what you have to do. It's intentionally a bit hard. Use the G button to sit on the ground to get the right angle to core it, and core it from both sides, and it works. There used to be a neat trick for how to do it for one less steel without having to delete blocks, but I can't reproduce it now, potentially because of a minor change in the smithing mechanics.

Edited by David Stark

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to say the smithing process for the musket barrel is so awful, so god awfully awful, I just throw 3 steel bars into the abyss and creative the barrel in. Please consider making it not such a hair tearing out model to smith. The hole in the middle is the main problem. I know how gun barrels work but jfc im never making one the legit way again. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.