Finding dropped items after death via ANY means?

Khornet

After dying from a rabid FOX of all things, I was confident I could find my dropped items based on photographic memory. After two in-game days of frantic scouring over the landscape I had to reconsider. 

Is there ANY way of extracting coordinates regarding my death from the game files? I found log files documenting my damage taken and death, but they do not include coordinates, only the timestamps...  

Question two is: I had a copper lantern crafted, which, like all other items, dropped on death. I assume that light sources dropped as lootable items still give off light, correct? So technically it should be easy to find my death's location when it's dark outside?

I use no mods.

For the next death, just note your coordinates (I assume you have pressed 'V' during the game to always have your current coordinates and orientation on display) as soon as you die, before clicking "respawn", then run to this spot. Later, when you'll have a time gear, you'll can use it to change the respawn location. By placing this starting point in your base, right near a sword on a tool rack, you'll have less difficult to recover your inventory.

Edited by Saricane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.