Oceans, ships and more

PanZergling

One of my waking-up ideas today was how neat it would be to have a map type - kind of like Don't Starve: Shipwrecked - where there mostly water and you used a ship to travel between the islands.  Large islands would be common (and you'd have to start on one to get the resources to build the ship).  And when I say ship, I mean ship, not dinky little boat like MineCraft has.  Best if there would be wind vectors and cool sailing mechanics, but not totally necessary and might be too complicated for the engine, who knows.

EDIT:  This would work best with a class ("Sea Dog" would be my suggestion for name) who couldn't actually do agriculture (farming and animal-husbandry), so you'd have an impetus to keep moving from island to island for food.  If seasons are based on latitude, you could avoid winter by going the other hemisphere.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 09.09.2021 at 15:46, PhotriusPyrelus said:

РЕДАКТИРОВАТЬ: это будет лучше всего работать с классом ("Морской волк" было бы моим предложением для имени), который на самом деле не может заниматься сельским хозяйством (сельское хозяйство и животноводство), поэтому у вас будет стимул продолжать движение с острова на остров для пищи. Если времена года зависят от широты, вы можете избежать зимы, перейдя в другое полушарие.

тогда такой клас будет практически бесполезным в однопользовательской игре. Лучше пусть у этого класса способности сельского хозяйства будут ослабленны.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.