Jump to content

Epic survival and open world!


Ewil
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am a new player, and I must kick off by saying that I LOVE this game! Truly a hard game. This is what I define as "survival" + "open world" + "free roam". Thank you dev's and all ppl who make mods and ppl who help out lost newbies like myself!  Thank you all!

I do have some things I would like to hear ppl opinions on (vanilla), and if you agree?

* The drifter's spawn inside our buildings, and I was hoping that light would keep them away.

* There are massiv hords with drifter's outside who growl so much it is getting annoying. It is even worse then deers in valheim.....

(i don't mind fighting the monsters, but the things I said above, is a little too much for my taste.)

* Fishing. I would like to have fishing applied. With rod, trap or net. That would be awsome!

* Be able to drown. I guess that is something that will put more depth to the game, and perfect with a combination with underwater caves, with loot?

 

As I said, I love the game, and will be playing hundres of hours on my server, with my friends!

Thank you all!

:)

//Ewil

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ewil said:

* The drifter's spawn inside our buildings, and I was hoping that light would keep them away.

Light does in fact keep drifters from spawning, at least under normal circumstances, Oil lamps do not have a very high light level so if you light up your building with it there might still be plenty of dark spots (and you have most likely been using it since its among the easiest light sources to collect early game)

You need a light level lower than 8 to spawn drifters, and oil lamps only have a light level of 10, so they only prevent drifter spawns in a small area.

19 minutes ago, Ewil said:

* There are massiv hords with drifter's outside who growl so much it is getting annoying. It is even worse then deers in valheim.....

What can I say but.. Yep.

Its part of the atmosphere I suppose!

Mob spawning could use a slight rework, but thats its own kind of thread really.

24 minutes ago, Ewil said:

* Fishing. I would like to have fishing applied. With rod, trap or net. That would be awsome!

* Be able to drown. I guess that is something that will put more depth to the game, and perfect with a combination with underwater caves, with loot?

Fishing is already a big discussion, there used to be a mod that let you do just that, called Primitive survival, might be a bit hard to find nowadays.

I jokingly call Seraphs amphibious lifeforms, Drowning wouldn't be cool without ways to deal with it, in the same way before minecraft updated their oceans the only thing they were used for is boats, whats the point of cool underwater caves if there's no way to explore them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.