Keybinding/Usage Issue

Xandyr1978

Suddenly, my X key won't swap hands, and the mouse's scroll button doesn't cycle through my toolbar.  This is the first time I've had this issue.  Tried rebinding the keys to no avail.  Tried reinstalling the game fresh.  No luck.  Roommate can play ON MY WORLD and has no issues.  Yet all the keys work and the mouse scroll function is fine everywhere except within VS.  Help?

28 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

You could try if deleting clientsettings.json (and potentially clientsettings.bkp) in %AppData%\VintagestoryData solves this problem.

I'll give that a try.  Thank you!

Does this also remove the specific world settings, or just the overall game-client settings?

Edited by Joe Patterson
Further clarification requested.

1 hour ago, Joe Patterson said:

Does this also remove the specific world settings, or just the overall game-client settings?

World settings should remain untouched. clientsettings.json contains mainly game settings (music frequency, screen resolution, etc) and keybindings. Of course you can make a copy of the original file before deleting it, or simply rename it (by adding a couple of letters in front of clientsettings for example).

It also contains the session login, so you'll have to relog with your game account after deleting/renaming the file!

7 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

World settings should remain untouched. clientsettings.json contains mainly game settings (music frequency, screen resolution, etc) and keybindings. Of course you can make a copy of the original file before deleting it, or simply rename it (by adding a couple of letters in front of clientsettings for example).

It also contains the session login, so you'll have to relog with your game account after deleting/renaming the file!

Appreciate the heads-up on the login issue, as well as the swift response.  Thanks again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.