insulation value of chiseled blocks

Hal13

okay in the 1.14 versions chiseled blocks did not count as valid walls/floors/ceilings for rooms, charcoal pits, cellars..,

is that fixed now or do i still need to make sure i never point the chisel at the wrong block? i mean slabs are valid, why isn't a full block with 1 or even none missing voxel valid too?

am just downloading the newest client (which is my first 1.15 one), with my connection that'll take some time.

Yes, since 1.15 chiseled blocks count for room requirements. Here's the details from the devlog for the official 1.15 and 1.15.1 update:

Feature: More tightly integrated chiseled blocks

• Now have the block sounds of the first used material
  • Now take on the mining speeds and other block material properties of the first used material
  • Now count as valid blocks for rooms, with the following limitations: The inward facing side must be almost solid (less than 20 voxels missing), at least 50% of the block's volume must be retained, you still need to use the right materials, e.g. stone for cellars.

Edited by allstreets
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.