bugs with milk

Yondu

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add a little nuance to this as I found it independently yesterday while playing.

My normal process to milk goats is:
1) Put bucket in hand
2) Hold right click on milkable goat
3) Goat is now not milkable (has been milked today)
4) Take the 10L of milk and put into barrel

As of the latest updates:
1) Put bucket in hand
3) Goat is now not milkable (has been milked today)
4) Take the 9L of milk and put into barrel

On accident one day I discovered:
1) Put buckets(4) in hand
3) Goat is now still milkable
4) Take the 10L of milk and put into barrel (10L because the 10L bucket split out of the stack of buckets so it was not drank immediately)

It seems to be that there are two problems at play for the milking that are features in the latest update not present before:
1) buckets now stack and there seems to be some kind of check to make a goat not milkable when you have a bucket change from empty to not empty. If you change from 4 empty buckets to 3 empty buckets in your hand, this requirement is not satisfied, and you can get from a stack of 4 buckets: 3 full 10L buckets and the final bucket as a 9L bucket because
2) buckets are now drinkable from and there's seemingly no distinction from right clicking to milk a cow vs right clicking to drink from a bucket, perhaps some kind of ctrl+right click to milk and no drinking from ctrl+right click would help solve this part leaving us with 9L of milk, which is pretty terrible for cheeses.

I hope this helps shed some detail on how to reproduce the bug and what might be causing it with some suggestions on how to fix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have same problem of drinking 1L of milk after milking goats, I logged in to find this problem posted here. I'm sure it has something to do with right clicking for milking being the same as for drinking liquids (as I sometimes accidentally drink some of my wine when transferring between barrels).

I'm not sure it's because shift-right click or because right click is held down for a long time whilst milking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.