Harvestable skeps won't swarm?

Khornet

I noticed that skeps marked as "harvestable" (that you can destroy for honeycombs) lack the "Will swarm in X days" tooltip info - does that mean they will never populate nearby empty skeps? If you run non-harvestable skeps is your honey train gone? According to the wiki, swarming takes 3 in-game hours if there's 100 flowers around... and my skeps are still empty after a day...
Is the amount of times a single skep can swarm limited to 1 maybe?

This would mean some serious micromanagement for beekeeping and ultimately a permanent reliance on wild bee hives, which is extremely annoying. Just give us permanent, re-harvestable bee houses already.

EDIT: I managed to circumvent the issue by picking up a harvestable skep and placing it down again - this resets it as merely "populated" again (no honeycombs), but, sure enough, it showed the "Will swarm in less than a day" tooltip soon enough, unlike all the other skeps around it, still harvestable.
This must be a freshly introduced bug, since I found a recent YouTube tutorial video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01g6FoHjJc) where the tooltip in the harvestable skep clearly says "Will swarm in 6 days".
OR this is related somehow to me updating the game between builds 1.16.4-rc.1 and 1.16.4-rc.2, which somehow broke all my already planted skeps...

EDIT 2: Nope, the swarm tooltip on that one skep just disappeared. And it didn't populate nearby empty skeps. I absolutely do not know what is happening anymore.

Edited by Jacob Kos

After some testing in creative, I found out harvestable skeps do repeatedly enter the "swarming" status.

However, they seem to completely ignore the server/world time. The "Will swarm in less than a day" tooltip makes no sense from the technical point of view, as I've sped up the world to 1 day = 0,2 real life minutes and it would take in-game ~10 days to re-swarm and re-populated nearby skeps. Skeps probably have their own timers, though IMO they are much too slow and kind of misleading.

Edited by Jacob Kos

9 hours ago, Jacob Kos said:

However, they seem to completely ignore the server/world time. The "Will swarm in less than a day" tooltip makes no sense from the technical point of view, as I've sped up the world to 1 day = 0,2 real life minutes and it would take in-game ~10 days to re-swarm and re-populated nearby skeps. Skeps probably have their own timers, though IMO they are much too slow and kind of misleading.

Noticed this exact same behavior when I was experimenting in creative mode a couple weeks back. I hadn't cranked the speed up quite to the point of OP, but it was enough that it took several in game days to swarm despite starting out as "Will swarm in less than a day."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.