World ruining error

FizzyB

So I play pretty heavy mods on single player, and multiple times with multiple playthroughs with different or no mods installed at all, I get a single player "Server crash" where the world stops responding, nothing populates, items stop interacting and NPCs just infinitely wander into the sunset. Here is the error that rapidly pops up in the chat.

22.4.2022 14:34:56 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorEmotionStates.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLava.OnEntityInside(IWorldAccessor world, Entity entity, BlockPos pos)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.DisplaceWithBlockCollision(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysics(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysicsPre(Entity entity, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.onPhysicsTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Ive had multiple game worlds ruined by this, because after this error appears, i can no longer play in the world, as i spawn back in dead, and cannot respawn. it seems to trigger randomly, like when I am just in the woods or at my base. it happens seemingly randomly, this time 5 hours into a playthrough, and the last time 56 hours in. :( 

last time i chalked it up to the price of playing with mods, but i cant seem to pinpoint what mod exactly might be causing it. Really love the game, but it hard to return to it when this can happen.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.