How do I create a large night time spawn proof area?

Builder Bob

Hey folks,

Like the title says, I'd like to build a fairly large area outside of my main base that won't have drifters spawning at night.  I'd like to go tend crops, chop trees etc without being bothered.  Spawning during a temporal storm is fine.

I've built a wall and carefully spaced lanterns twenty blocks from each other in a staggered grid pattern.  It should stop spawns but all the lanterns don't look very appealing.

Is there an alternative?  Wish there was some type of anti-night time-spawn device we could build.  Make it resource intensive so you couldn't spam the landside with them lol!

Thanks in advance!

Thoroughly lighting up and walling off/fencing the area you're using is about all you can do. Lowered or raised half-block slabs or chiselled blocks for walkways, they won't spawn on them except in storms.  If you're alright with modding though, the nightwatcher or a couple of tamed cats in the area might suit your needs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.