Future of Multiplayer & Building (Slab Placement)

Davis

Good Afternoon, 

These questions are directed at the development team specifically. 

1. Why is it that we can't place two slab blocks on top of each other? When you attempt this in game, it creates a space between them. 

2. Does the development team have plans to help stabilize the multiplayer experience. Specifically, do you ever foresee the possibility of have servers with 100 or more players on at one time?

Thanks in advance!

Just spitballing here on no.1 no actual idea as I'm no coder. Probably it would conflict with the sideways slab functionality. But anyway with chiseling we can always work around that, so I don't think the devs should focus on solving that much.

3 hours ago, Kazeoni said:

Just spitballing here on no.1 no actual idea as I'm no coder. Probably it would conflict with the sideways slab functionality. But anyway with chiseling we can always work around that, so I don't think the devs should focus on solving that much.

I understand where you're coming from. However, I find it impossibly tedious for us to need to chisel every time we want a slab on slab block. They should just add the functionality for stacking them. 

Yeah, you are absolutely right.

I'm just trying to keep a positive 'can do' attitude here, while being mindful of despite how immensly dedicated Tyron and the crew are, this is still a small indie devteam with massive ambitions and they are spread very thin.

Also try workbench expansions: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/285

This mod has a feature of autocopying chiseled blocks if you feed in the raw materials. Should take most of the tedium out when you need multiple of the same double-slab setup.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.