options to change day/night-cycle and irl length of an ingame day when creating a new world

Hal13

Atm if you want to speed up or slow down the day night cycle, you change the tickrate at the same time.

I think it would be really nice to be able to change the ratio of night to day and change the overall length of days without changing the tick rate, there are two different settings but from my experimentation both do basically exactly the same.

Think about being able to make worlds with day-night-ratios somewhere between perpetual days and perpetual nights.

Think about days that still are ingame days but irl it's longer or shorter, without affecting random ticks, particle effects (and game mechanics based on them). I tried a game with 6-irl-hour long ingame days (and it can be an option for multiplayer servers to address the spoilage issues), but disliked ticks being spread out and burn duration and cooking times still being in irl-seconds.

Edited by Hal13
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Hirou said:

Game have a command, /time speed

There are two commands (/time speed and /time calendarspeedmul) I'm very aware, I've even mentioned the existence of both settings (though not the commands itself) in my opening post, but both do basically the same and do it by changing the frequency of game ticks and are only available as commands, I want the game running at default tick speed but the possibility to change the length of days at best in the customize world creation gui.

Possibly something like one of the things I intend to do is doable with /time hoursperday, but I don't know if that has any impact on spoilage, crop growth, pit kilns, ... (should try it out again) which all should still need the same amount of days and if it does what I want, I'd like to have a convenient way of setting this when creating the world.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.