World generation with metamorphic rock under the igneous

BenLi

Nothing special.

World height is standard 110.

Propicked the chunks around the house which are in andesite area with no sedimentary layer above it.

Just under the house: 3.9promil of magnetite, very high.

Good, right under the house 🙃

Around the house: from 3 to 3.7. Very high as well. Farther chunks - lower levels such as 2-3.

Going in vertical shaft all the way down to 10 in the chunk of 3.9%.

Propicking every 6-7 blocks. Found a lot, including zinc, tin (actually 2 deposits, one above the other by ~20 blocks), copper.

But not iron.

Arriving to ~10, phyllite floating above lava.

What???

I am ok with the possibility of magnetite being in height of 5 to 10 and I didn't get that deep yet.

But phyllite UNDER andesite, metamorphic under the igneous??

It doesn't look like biome border as I have some 500 blocks around with andesite only.

Is it OK?

Have somebody seen such a thing in her/his world?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Vintarian,

Well, remembering my geology & edaphology classes, this is actually possible. And in my understanding, it is possible in Vintage Story too. The order of the layers is the norm, but there might be a few exceptions. I'm just assuming this based on this wiki statement:

Due to the distortion and mapping of the various rock layers, it is possible to end up with a sedimentary rock layer below an igneous layer, or even 2 igneous layers on top of one another.

Great discovery tho, and very attentive way to play 😁

• Like 2
  • Amazing! 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.