is Teleporting broken?

netzone23

Hi I'm new to the game.  While playing I died far away from my spawn point and I use the /tp plus the coordinates and every time I put it in I end up inside rocks.  I have tried all different coordinates every time I end up inside rocks or in the sky.  Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? Or is the TP system broken?

Thanks! 

Haven't heard of it being broken yet.

May I ask which coordinates you do use and how you got them?

I somehow expect you to use the map for the x and z coords and guess y coords, am I right?

If so change your gamemode into spectator, teleport and change it back safely on the surface. The map does not show heights and guessing the y coord can easily be off dozens of blocks.

Edited by Hal13

I was using the map coordinates.  When I typed in /tp -930, 1, -125 I ended up in an area I've never been before and those coordinates started with 1300.  I spent a good hour trying to figure out how to use the Teleport command eventually I gave up.  I am also not using any mods just plain vanilla.

Thank You

9 hours ago, netzone23 said:

/tp -930, 1, -125

Have to look into how the command works as I never used it, but if it teleported you to the coords you provided it would have teleported you into the mantle, y1 is a coord the player character isn't supposed to ever be. The way you describe it, it's possible /tp uses relative coords, meaning from the point you teleported away from you were moved -930 on the x axis, -125 on the z axis and 1 block up.

And spectator mode is vanilla. but as spectator you can a) use your mousewheel to change flight speed and b) just fly through everything. For that small distance I'd recommend to not teleport but just go into spectator mode (/gamemode spectator) move to your death site and go into survival mode (/gamemode survival) again.

Just looked into /tp and if you wanted to tp to specific coords you'd have to use "=", respectably "~" if you'd want to tp relative to your position, the way you used it you teleported to coords relative to your worlds center (which means the center of the generated terrain).

Edited by Hal13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.