Custom World Sizes And New World Generation In General

Thomas J

I'm aware that you can customize world size to an extent within the "customize" section of singleplayer new world creation (see attachment 2), though as far as I'm aware you can only determine an exact size through a server config (see attachment 1). However, as far as I can tell, not all customization options for singleplayer are available within the server config, e.g. global temperature, forestation etcetera.

What I'm essentially wondering is how I can have the best of both worlds; That is, how can I have an exactly custom world size AND custom forestation/global temp/etcetera?

attachment1.png

attachment2.png

Edited by Thomas J

• 2 weeks later...

From scraping the forum, it sounds like the best way to do this is to make the world as you want in singleplayer, rename the save as default.vcdbs, then stop your server and replace the default.vcdbs on the host with the one you generated via scp or ftp. A couple people have mentioned how the server seems to ignore world configs from the serverconfig.json file once a save is already setup; by replacing the save with your custom one this issue is also avoided.

Edited by DaftValac

• 1 month later...

if you go to edit an existing singleplayer world (then pen icon on the singleplayer tab), there's an option to copy the playstyle of said world to your clipboard. i imagine you can just copy this and add it to your server config from the "WorldConfiguration" section. it seems to have all editable values from the singleplayer GUI. i havent tried it myself but i would be surprised if it didn't work. just make sure to follow JSON formatting and to delete the existing world to allow a new world to generate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.