Get world seed from log files or similar after deleting world

stefan

I have tried to survive with only 1 live and got one shot by some goat. Only after I clicked on "Delete World" I realized that I could save the world seed as it was pretty nice. grasslands with bees like in 100 blocks of spawn and a nice ruin.

Can I still recover the world seed somehow?

Edited by stefan

I doubt it. I think delete means delete in this case. And that the world seed isn't saved anywhere else.

On the upside, nice worlds are actually pretty common, I think. Just start a new world - I don't think it is a big deal.

If you don't like where you spawn, switch to Creative (/gamemode creative), fly around a bit and then switch back (/gamemode Survival).

If you wanted to poke around, look at the Logs under \AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Logs. 
(I didn't see anything obvious, but I spent all of a minute looking only.)

Saves is at the same level - but is probably missing your world.

On 8/28/2022 at 7:29 AM, assassin_chad_23 said:

just an fyi not sure if it has changed but the spawn on a seed is not always the same.  i have tried a few good seeds in the past only to not be close to where i was the first time through. But that may be because i messed up?

I think the latest Unstable Patch has got you covered:

"Tweak: Initial world spawn location is now seed deterministic"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.