Jump to content

Mark Watton

Vintarian
  • Posts

    97
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Mark Watton

  1. Then I haven't the slightest clue what happened. I dug a long 3x3 tunnel and filled it up with firewood by count. There weren't any breaks in the roof or walls. I read somewhere about placed blocks and natural blocks behaving differently if you travel a long distance.
  2. Welp, forget the torch holders, I'm off to find bees and surface copper and I get to procrastinate on my water-wheel more.
  3. I have burnt through 3 stacks of torches exploring caves trying to find copper or zinc since I've burnt through the surface deposits nearby... I've run around smacking random points with the prospecting pick and nothing but cassiterite, which is very nice once I actually find some more copper. Did I just roll a proverbial one on my luck, or are caves meant to be sparse?
  4. This one time at band camp, we fed the councilors hefty death cap stew.
  5. Usually. My issue isn't so much dying immediately. It's being run down at full sprint after a wolf spots me from half a mile away, hits me once and then they have the same running speed as the player and a lunge attack. It's a similar problem with rams and pigs that decide I have decided upon death after running past within five blocks of them. You do have a point about the pits though I guess. I'll just have to start making caveman noises as I'm raining granite down upon the poor critters to amuse myself.
  6. That was exactly my experience.
  7. I don't want to have to cheese the game to have fun, man... As amusing as the "Rock hucking pit is." it gets a bit old, and I wish it was more feasible to go out and roleplay as a caveman hunting boar. I really don't mind getting stuck and killed by the occasional bear because I turned in the wrong direction, same for wolves if I walked right up on them stupidly. My issue is just how impossible it is to outrun these threats once you've been targeted. If you even accidentally run too close to an adult pig or other prey animal, the same thing happens, Two or three hits, and they are impossible to escape at sprinting speed unless you can find some terrain advantage to get them stuck on. Bears are also SLOW and VERY easy to escape. Why are all these goobers getting killed by bears?
  8. I accidentally ate a deathcap once.
  9. Bears aren't my problem in the slightest. It's pigs, rams and wolves that kill me in two shots. Why does everyone I've interacted with act like bears are the problem? It makes SENSE to get mauled very easily by a bear. I should have an atleast SLIGHTLY better chance against the smaller animals, other than the massive boar perhaps. Even the surface bowtorn takes 3 shots to kill you completely unarmored.
  10. They were being a condescending turd acting like I was lazy and not sure of my contruction (and wrong, to boot!), and I sure didn't have any free air blocks. The only explanation then, would be that I traveled too far and the natural blocks despawned. (I'd complain about this as a bug, but it seems to be a performance saving issue that causes problems.)
  11. Exactly my problem. I'd be fine if there was a penalty, even a rather steep one. But for ALL of it to disappear? Utter nonsense.
  12. I didn't purposefully leave it out dingleberry.
  13. If the game can register that, then it should be able to register and not label it as a charcoal pit, and instead properly label is as a campfire.
  14. Yeah, there's not much getting around it. It may help to just always be sprinting like I do. I'm generally hurting for hunger pretty early on because of it, but I also get more land explored and USUALLY... The bush wolves only hit me once and I've got some time to react since I'm already sprinting.
  15. Bro I went out like 3-4000 blocks in each direction just trying to find a surface rock that wasn't granite. This has been a problem for 3+ years. I had everything but that, and I could not find it despite having a deep strip mine.
  16. I lost an absolutely MASSIVE harvest of charcoal because I figured having 2 leftover cause of a misclick wouldn't too big of a deal since my charcoal pit was named properly. I was wrong. Maybe don't let it say charcoal pit if it's not eligible?
  17. Make animals hurt less to make early deaths less absolute nonsense. Give them armor penetration to keep them a relevant danger and an actual incentive for me to not dig a pit and pelt them with rocks instead of taming them.
  18. I like to play hardcore, and I had a wonderful spawn where I found an absolutely MASSIVE marble sandfield and cave system very nearby where I came to exist. And now I've gotten so frustrated on my next good play-through, I had to spend almost two real life days trying to find any kind of surface stone other than granite... I thankfully finally found the edge, and a 3 stone stack's worth of limestone, enough to make my backpacks and bow.... I'm sorry, I had full bronze armor and toools when I started this search, barrels and buckets and a farm ready to go. That was absolutely ridiculous.
  19. Try dodging and weaving between solid objects. You're smarter than them, and if they can't get close enough to lunge at you, you can generally get away. That said, if you have any sort of basic armor and a spear, if you have an open area and you can circle them, the pattern to hit them enough to run them off gets to be easy, but you'll still die on occasion.
  20. You're a liar or really bad at running. Bears hurt more, but don't have the same run speed as the player and a lunge attack. It also still only takes two shots in the first couple of days from either of them to kill you. I've been snuck up on by a bear, but they've only ever killed me if I got stuck. Player-speed beats a bear by a lot.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.